My V Star 1100 needs tires | GTAMotorcycle.com

My V Star 1100 needs tires

ALD

The bike has Dunlop tires that have 21000km, are there tires that can achieve higher mileage than what I got out of my existing ones as I am not a hard rider.

Definitely not a hard rider. 21,000km is very good for a front tire, let alone the rear. I think you'd be hard pressed anything a whole lot better.

If only I could get more than 6,000 km on a set of tires.

Stick with the devil you know. It doesn't get better than that.

The bike has Dunlop tires that have 21000km, are there tires that can achieve higher mileage than what I got out of my existing ones as I am not a hard rider.
21,000 k is great, if your getting that kind of mileage and your ok with the way the tires ride, then just replace them with the same tires. I run a roadstar 1700. I got rid of the OEM bridgestones and went with the Metzler 888's and i am liking them a lot.

If you did that in one year/season, then good for you! If this was over several years, then the aging of the rubber is a concern and I'd advise not to try to get more miles out of a hard tire.

Is it the D404's on your VStar? I like the tread pattern/sipes. Recently put these on my wife's Suzuki S40 (I have ridden this bike more than her LoL).

Glen at Flying Squirrel recently got me a great price on a Dunlop D401 for my Harley...

i would go with Michelin Commander II or Dunlop D404[FONT=Open Sans, Arial, sans-serif].[/FONT]

Does anybody check build date code when receiving tires? What's acceptable?

I had a Yamaha Virago 1100 (predecessor to your Vstar) for many many years and that is about the best you can expect for that bike. Not sure about the Vstar, but Dunlops for the Virago were $130 for a rear and $120 for the front when I bought a set back in 2011.

Tires life 4-5 years (mostly manufacturers warranty working for 5 years (even for cars))- on a 5th year will start showing dry crack spots, also after 4th tires usually start loosing road traction. Best number will be closer today date, at the most a year, if older - good point to get a good discount.

Back
Top Bottom