Not a good weekend to head south or east :-( | GTAMotorcycle.com

Not a good weekend to head south or east :-(

MacDoc

Site Supporter
abc_hurricane_joaquin_wind_speed_wg_151001_4x3_992.jpg

big sucker...

1011080_1280x720.jpg

werry werry wet coming....they are already calling it Sandy II

Should be okay in Huntsville and Ontario Highlands....maybe an Algonquin run on the new toy.

Even tho the hurricane missed.....the rain is epic....

storm-joaquin.jpg

this is an exceptionally rare meteorological situation, and one the National Weather Service seems unusually concerned about. On Saturday, the NWS warned that “catastrophic flash flooding” was possible in South Carolina until at least Sunday evening with “isolated areas reaching the 1000 year recurrence interval” in terms of the statistical (un-)likelihood of the torrential rainfall.

watch the video further down the page

[video]https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CQaOTQ4UAAAqQ3j.mp4[/video]

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...ooded_with_rain_from_hu rricane_joaquin.html

Last edited:
Rode back from Tennessee all the way in this crap, Temps hovering around the freezing mark from Boone all the way to the boarder and non stop rain/sleet in higher elevations :(

Wow ...yeah - you on the frigid side of the circulation. It was bad enough coming from Ottawa with no rain - just a gale and 10-11 C.

I've been down in that area with rain and even at 10 I was marginal even with heated grips.....you must have seriously good heated gear. Glad you got back okay - did you go up 77??

Damn - summer gloves....yikes...I hear you on the "still cold" ....I usually get into the soaker tub when I'm hypothermic as I was on Friday after riding a new to me bike down from Ottawa and the thing has little weather protection.
Instead of being smart and soaking I fell asleep and woke up still cold...it is bloody hard to get warmed up.
Last gas stop anyone watching would have laughed .....new bike, stiff cold and now tired ( 407 and Leslie ) ....could NOT get the damn sidestand down ( it's a problem with the model ). Finally connected. :rolleyes:

Quite glad to see the end of that ride but at least no rain and a nice sunset.....crazy wind tho......you must have been right into the teeth of it.

No heated gear, had my klim gear and my summer gloves. Light sweater underneath and that's it.
Got back yesterday afternoon and I'm still cold.
I had my heated jacket, and a rain jacket, heated grips and rain gloves and I am still cold from my trip to Lake George.

You are nuts

Back
Top Bottom