Canada's motorcycle returns/exchanges? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Canada's motorcycle returns/exchanges?

Error... It would be nice if these 'modern-day' BBS's had a 'Post' deletion option... If I make a post that I no longer want, I should have the option of deleting it...

No take-backs! Licked it, sticked it, stamped it! :D

Nelson-Rigg WP-8000 WeatherPro Rain Suit Hi-Viz Yellow

Price point and reviews were my selling point. They might not be any more hi viz than normal but this is my first hi viz gear so I'm new to it.

The yellow jacket with the black pants is a good combination IMHO. On a dark rainy day it won't be too bright. Also will get dirty sooner or later and also lose some brilliance.

The cops also wear the hi-vis yellow jackets. Depending upon what bike you have, a driver may glance in their rear view mirror, mistake you for a cop, and move out of the fast lane. LoL.

I went for the same color scheme, just some better pants that have a full length zipper. I've always found it a pain to try to get the rain pants on or off without removing your boots.

I returned some pants to them recently. It's fine except you have to pay shipping.

When you're laying in the gutter dead, with all-black gear, people driving by looking at your dead mangled body will say "Poor dead guy... although he does look 'Cool' in his all-black suit!". They'll probably even leave your 'Cool' all-black gear on for your veiwing... prolly even bury you with your 'Cool' all-black, non gay, gear... Cool man!!!

Easy there gramps... Haven't died yet in nearly 100,000 km or ever made ANY contact/been in a collision with another vehicle or been run off the road yada yada yada

Having it made it through my 'danger' years where I statistically should have been dead (19-25), putting on that mileage call me lucky if you want but I'd like to think I must be doing something right. If I go on my bike I doubt it will be because of the colour of my suit.

I just don't ride in the rain. It messes up my ice cream.
Although I do have all black er'thing. Except my bike. She's hi viz purple and shiny chrome. Just get loud pipes. Inreb, what's the All Black count at now? Feel free to block me at any time.
Also, noticed a rider in high viz during a rain storm. Very easily spotted. Was also a cop. Was also riding the bumper of the truck in front of him doing 80 kmh on Steeles in a downpour. Luckily, he was wearing hi viz. I forget my point.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

I'm going to poke my head in from time to time to see if anybody recommends an all black rain suit. Hope that's ok.
I have an all black rain suit that has reflective piping and logos on it, and I've never had a problem riding in the rain while wearing it.

Hi viz is just a misguided fad; a fashion statement more than anything else. Don't get brow beat over it by people who think they are smart and you are not.

The most important thing about a rain suit is that it keeps you dry.

You have running lights and head lights and hopefully a bright helmet and reflectors on your bike as well. Hi viz is just a fashion statement. Don't fall for the BS of improved visibility. I was cut off plenty of times wearing while wearing hi vis on my bicycle to say it makes much if any difference based on personal experience. Best thing for visibility on a motorcycle is good head lights, angle them a *little* higher than normal, and a brightly coloured helmet...white works very well.

Last edited:
Hi viz is just a misguided fad; a fashion statement more than anything else.
Yes people totally WANT to look like losers...

This is not my opinion, but everything I have read regarding safety for motorcyclists and bicyclists suggests that high visibility is not particularly helpful (it all depends on the predominant background color, and depending on the background high visibility can actually be less visible than even black). The key is reflective (retroreflective more specifically) patches on your clothes.

http://road.cc/content/news/95353-s...hemselves-seen-reflective-clothing-not-hi-vis

http://motorbikewriter.com/professor-debunks-hi-vis-clothing/

Pretty much most studies come back with similar results. Anecdotal . . . well opinions are like ******** . . .

Easy there gramps... Haven't died yet in nearly 100,000 km or ever made ANY contact/been in a collision with another vehicle or been run off the road yada yada yada

Having it made it through my 'danger' years where I statistically should have been dead (19-25), putting on that mileage call me lucky if you want but I'd like to think I must be doing something right. If I go on my bike I doubt it will be because of the colour of my suit.

This, but with another 0 in the km.

Back
Top Bottom