Rental apartment parking | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rental apartment parking

adyescu

I’m living in a rental apartment and right now I’m paying for indoor parking, but the landlord has decided to start massive restoration of the parking garage which will require the relocation of all vehicles (but the landlord does not give an alternative parking spot).
1) Is it legal for the landlord to act like this (i.e. not provide a parking spot)?
2) What can I do? (since I cannot park on the street)

On your lease, does it say that the apartment comes with a parking spot?

I guess you can stop paying for parking as it's no longer available. Unless parking is written into your rental agreement I don't see what recourse you might have.

as long as a notice is given of upcoming work in any rental place, i think any improvements can be done without having to give you an alternate setup.

Small claims, it's called asking for an abatement in rent. When I was in college I sued for it, parking was included on lease but wasn't avail Nov-March as the lot was not plowed. Took into account public lot parking fees an I was awarded that much back in a lump sum at end of year.

As long as the landlord is not charging you for the parking while it's not available.
Winter is coming, do you have a friend with indoor parking who can store your bike until the repairs are done?

Back
Top Bottom