Ninja 300, need handle bar | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ninja 300, need handle bar

helluxi

Hey there guys, my bike dropped on my driveway, i left for a minute, came back and it somehow fell over. Anyways, brake lever and right handlebar are bent up. The steering colum hits the stopper when i turn it all the way to the right, but the bar also touches the tank. If I straighten the bar out would that be fine? Or should I just replace the bar? Also, would this bar be sufficient?
https://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/vortex-clip-on-replacement-bar.html
I dont have the clip ons, and dont want to buy them unless I have to.
So what I am asking, is will this bar replace the stock one?

That's a bar for a clip on set up.

If you're thinking about taking the bar part out from the bracket, I don't think you can as it's a one whole piece.

If you're short on budget I guess you could try straightening and see how it feels riding.

Checked kawasaki parts online and each and it's about $110 USD each. Check the Canadian dealership for a price quote.

Let me know how much they're charging.

I do have a set of stock bars from my ninja 300 I could sell you. I was gonna convert back to stock if I sell my bike.

I also have extra set of riser clamps (no bars) if you're interested in installing clip ons. You'd have to get a set of bars from driven like the link you found.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Bars are going to be very hard to straighten without damaging them or overstressing the metal. Best bet is to look on ebay for a replacement because they're not cheap new, search for 250 ones as well because they're the same.The bracket that screws onto the triple is a part of tbe bar as well. If you have to buy new may as well get clip-ons, way better feel and a replacement bar when you need one is 10-15 bucks rather than $150ish.

That's a bar for a clip on set up.

Let me know how much they're charging.

I do have a set of stock bars from my ninja 300 I could sell you. I was gonna convert back to stock if I sell my bike.

If you are willing to part with your stock bars, I need one too. Car backed into my 300 while parked, and took off

I thought someone posted something similar.

First thing you should do is loosen the fork tube pinch bolts on the top triple clamp. This will relieve any stress on the fork tubes. The right one might be twisted from falling over. Once loosened turn the bars to see if the tension gets released. You'll hear it if its twisted or under tension. Then tighten the pinch bolts to the torque spec. If the bar is still hitting the tank then its fubared.

Well looks like I will be purchasing the bars off moarmoto on Sunday. I only need one so msg me if you want the other one.

Back
Top Bottom