Internet advice | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Internet advice

Joe you have more technology problems than anyone else I know :D
...and these are only the ones that I post about ?

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Fido currently has a promotion for home internet. $60/month for 60 Mbps connection and unlimited usage.

Also has a data only tablet plan with Fido mobile 3GB for $15/mth

Fido currently has a promotion for home internet. $60/month for 60 Mbps connection and unlimited usage.

Also has a data only tablet plan with Fido mobile 3GB for $15/mth

oof. Not a bad price, but aren't they owned by Rogers?

I had a bad experience with them selling me a crap cellphone years ago.

These are both no contract prices so no commitment required. I was with Fido before they were bought by Roger's. Left them a couple years after Roger's shenanigans began with Fido, but looks like they've gotten better. I have 1 phone line with them again and it's been as advertised.

A legit standalone 3GB data plan for $15 a month? That sounds way too good to be true

Last edited:
A legit standalone 3GB data plan for $15 a month? That sounds way too good to be true

Nah, my pudgy fingers couldn't do anything on the phone. I noticed right after they set it up, but couldn't get them to swap it.

Well this is awkward. I meant to reply to nfq there. I had a comment responding to your comment, then thought it might be a bad idea and deleted it instead of revising it. It was along the lines of the customer service among the big three is very similar... though I did recently have one of the worst customer experiences of my life with Koodo.

I replaced all my Rogers services a few years ago and for cell service went with a great Fido plan I found. I've had no issues. In fact they just finished giving away free data for a year (an extra 1-2GB per month) to all their subscribers with a data plan to celebrate the anniversary of their founding. Would Rogers ever do that? Never.

I don't know, but it's as if Rogers has resolved that Fido will always be a lower margin carrier, and Fido have used that advantage to actually provide better value. Rogers services are just a ripoff with poor customer service. The carrier for suckers. That's fine by me. Let Rogers customers subsidize my great phone plan.

I replaced all my Rogers services a few years ago and for cell service went with a great Fido plan I found. I've had no issues. In fact they just finished giving away free data for a year (an extra 1-2GB per month) to all their subscribers with a data plan to celebrate the anniversary of their founding. Would Rogers ever do that? Never.

I don't know, but it's as if Rogers has resolved that Fido will always be a lower margin carrier, and Fido have used that advantage to actually provide better value. Rogers services are just a ripoff with poor customer service. The carrier for suckers. That's fine by me. Let Rogers customers subsidize my great phone plan.

You're probably right. It looks like Teksavvy won't or can't respond to Rogers' (Fido's) attempt to steal a large chunk of their customers until after New Year's. They offered to bump my service up, and discount it by $10 for one month. So they offered fairly close to the Fido base package. The problem with that is that the current Fido $60 for 60 Mbps Unlimited is set to expire around then. The Fido guy thinks that they've had 3 weeks to respond, and should have put something together by now. Oh, and because I'm coming from TekSavvy, the first 3 months only cost the $6 tax.

If I were Teksavvy, I'd look into trying to file with the CRTC or governing body to get a bigger discount from Rogers. Rogers should be giving the same rates to others, that they're giving themselves (Fido). In the meantime, they need to do something better price and service wise.

Last edited:
I replaced all my Rogers services a few years ago and for cell service went with a great Fido plan I found. I've had no issues. In fact they just finished giving away free data for a year (an extra 1-2GB per month) to all their subscribers with a data plan to celebrate the anniversary of their founding.

Wasn't that free data only for two months?

Wasn't that free data only for two months?

I got an extra GB a month free for a year

You see, this is the stuff that pisses off their loyal consumers - offering different things to different people.

I've been with Fido since it was bloody Microcell..for those who remember that. My monthly bill exceeds $100. I got the promotion email as well and got a lousy 500 megs bonus each month for 2 months.

Yes, I have a legacy 6 gig data plan (might have had something to do with it I guess) but still....what's good for the goose should be good for the gander.

That's why I left rogers years ago. Tired of all their ****

I have 6 lines with fido and have been with them since the start as well one line is a legacy unlimited internet plan not cancelling that one

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

You see, this is the stuff that pisses off their loyal consumers - offering different things to different people.

I've been with Fido since it was bloody Microcell..for those who remember that. My monthly bill exceeds $100. I got the promotion email as well and got a lousy 500 megs bonus each month for 2 months.

Yes, I have a legacy 6 gig data plan (might have had something to do with it I guess) but still....what's good for the goose should be good for the gander.
I only received the offer by text and had a few days to reply "yes" or it was gone. Maybe you missed it?

Oh, I also average about 200MB per month, so maybe they figured the free 1GB wouldn't actually cost them anything. In fact, I haven't had any use for the free data yet. Been under 150MB/mth since the offer started..

Last edited:
as well one line is a legacy unlimited internet plan not cancelling that one

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yeah, if you ever want to get rid of that...lemme know. ;)

I only received the offer by text and had a few days to reply "yes" or it was gone. Maybe you missed it?

Oh, I got the same text except mine said "1 Gigabyte free internet!" but that was spread out over 2 months, so 500 meg month for 2 monts.

I regularly use about 7-8 gigs per month so even with the 6 gig plan I'm still paying overages regularly.

In the end the extra megs did absolutely nothing for me since as soon as I surpassed 6.5 gigs I still ended up paying the same for the overage than if I had just went over from 6 even instead.

That's probably the explanation then. They likely only offered the free data to people who had very low data usage.

That's probably the explanation then. They likely only offered the free data to people who had very low data usage.

Yes, likely.

Everyone that doesn't really need it gets free data they probably won't even use! Yaaay.

Except for you greedy ones who might actually need it, we'll give you a lot less than the others who didn't actually actually even need it to begin with, and you'll like it!

First mess up with Fido, and I'm only half a customer.

They sent me a link to set up my account that is supposed to expire in 5 days.

It's already expired.

Oh, and to add the cherry, they accused me of not knowing my own email in the error messages.

Back
Top Bottom