Internet advice | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Internet advice

If you and yours go through with it, make sure he's up on "fair use" doctrine and not to use any unlicensed music on his channel. Monetization on YT is going through a rough patch, and you can have stuff taken down or flagged by third parties even if you've done nothing wrong
Thanks. A kid at work was also talking about how Nintendo pulls stuff down too. Will be looking into it more. I'm just a little worried about the sign up issue.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Thanks. A kid at work was also talking about how Nintendo pulls stuff down too. Will be looking into it more. I'm just a little worried about the sign up issue.

I've seen videos that had the audio removed by youtube because the radio was playing in the background and the video poster did not have the rights to the songs on the radio. Ridiculous.

Can't help you with your sign up woes JB. Google does try to get you to sign into everything to monetize you so I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted you to sign into Google+ to post on youtube.

I've seen videos that had the audio removed by youtube because the radio was playing in the background and the video poster did not have the rights to the songs on the radio. Ridiculous.

Can't help you with your sign up woes JB. Google does try to get you to sign into everything to monetize you so I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted you to sign into Google+ to post on youtube.

The radio thing seems quite stupid imo.
You can either get exposure or get none.
Radio waves are free...I can understand if you were paying for pay per view then turning your projector on for the block to watch on your garage door and perhaps charging them money to watch it. Inherently that is a paid for event, however with radio, there is no charge to the end user.
Oh well radio on the slow demise...lol

I posted on one of the YouTube community forums. I got a reply that Google generates an email address, but then you just sign into your account like usual. I just skimmed through the post. Will look into it more after dinner.

Laptop update: a while ago iirc someone asked if my kid had dropped the laptop. He still says no. But it was a hand me down, so it may have or he could also be lying....anyway, kid at work opens it up and there is a cable that has pulled apart or frayed or something. He will be replacing it and hopefully we will get the internets back. And he will stop using my laptop.
As always, all of the advice given is much appreciated.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Not really internet related, but I need more tablet help!
Ok, so Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7"
Older boy using his ipod, I decide to give younger boy the tablet, and he wil stop using the one that my wife and I use.
It seems however, that the little guy somehow has deleted TouchWiz Home, & Samsung Keyboard. So I can't get it to do anything. Tried a hard reset. Nothing.
Tried googling how to install os, but my googlefu sucks.
Any advice?

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Older boy using his ipod, I decide to give younger boy the tablet, and he wil stop using the one that my wife and I use.
It seems however, that the little guy somehow has deleted TouchWiz Home, & Samsung Keyboard. So I can't get it to do anything. Tried a hard reset. Nothing.
Any advice?

A factory reset didn't bring them back? That's very unusual. Did he try to root it and just has neglected to tell you? :p

A factory reset didn't bring them back? That's very unusual. Did he try to root it and just has neglected to tell you? :p
I'm still trying to figure out what that even means lol
Pretty sure he didn't. He's surprisingly not very tech savvy. But video games though.....

Rob, I saw that video, but wasn't sure if that's whay I needed. I will dl the os/rom/ firmware/ thingamajig from the site he mentions. Then I will see if I can get into where I need to be. Probably will take me a couple days. I'll report back in a few.
Thanks ☺

Any advice?

Pretty sure he didn't. He's surprisingly not very tech savvy. But video games though.....

Rob, I saw that video, but wasn't sure if that's whay I needed. I will dl the os/rom/ firmware/ thingamajig from the site he mentions. Then I will see if I can get into where I need to be. Probably will take me a couple days. I'll report back in a few.
Thanks ☺

Joe, just to clarify, when you say "Hard reset", are you just restarting/battery pulling the tablet, or are you restoring to factory settings...?

Joe, just to clarify, when you say "Hard reset", are you just restarting/battery pulling the tablet, or are you restoring to factory settings...?
Wipe all data and restore to factory settings.

Thanks ☺

When people talk about "rooting" a device like a tablet or a cell phone, they're talking about removing restrictions on access (gaining 'administrative access'), in order to be able to tinker with it. In most cases all that they really want/need to do is 'unlock' it, so that it can be used on a different cell provider's network, which is a much more simple procedure.

Wipe all data and restore to factory settings.

As TwistedKestrel said, it is very unusual for those basic applications not being brought back up after a factory restore.

Though the kid may not be tech savvy, it really isn't hard for someone to "try" following a video and instructions, and neglect to read all the instructions and warnings.

When rooting a device, it is important to not stop mid-way as it can do some funny things. If this is indeed the case of a failed mid-way root, and the recovery process didn't work, I'd probably say reinstalling a custom rom would be the way to go.

Reason for rooting, like Rob mentioned, is to remove restrictions, but at the same time, there are some apps that require the device to be rooted in order to work.

You mentioned you play Pokemon Go with your kid. Is the tablet used for that? Maybe the kid heard about GPS spoofing (allowing you to run around in the game without actually moving - which requires a rooted device) and attempted to root?

Last edited:
I want to add that this isn't necessarily a smoking gun for tampering with the tablet.

Tangentially, I'm kinda soured on Samsung tablets in general... my dad's Tab S has developed a handful of problems, including Wifi driver crashes when there is an SD card in the slot and spontaneous restarting when the battery is not full or near full. The Tab M my *mother* has is more or less okay, but audio in certain apps is quite garbled.

I don't think he tried the Pokemon Go go around for this. He plays that on my phone.
This was the same tablet that we had to reset before. And I think it was the 4 year old that accidentally deleted the stuff.
Which brings me to another question. ...I should be able to lock that out somehow, right? So that you need to put in a password to access settings?

I don't think he tried the Pokemon Go go around for this. He plays that on my phone.
This was the same tablet that we had to reset before. And I think it was the 4 year old that accidentally deleted the stuff.
Which brings me to another question. ...I should be able to lock that out somehow, right? So that you need to put in a password to access settings?

Most tablets don't have this function by default, but there are applications out there that let to lock specific apps.

Not sure if you can on your tablet, but for Samsung phones, you can "Hide" applications by hitting the menu/3-dot button and select "Hide Apps" which allows you to check off what you want to hide (ie. Settings).

Haven't got around to the tablet yet ? but I have a different problem :
Got my son an iPhone 4 that was a hand me down. I did not realize that you cannot update the ios high enoughto dl Pokemon Go.
I did a few Google searches and found a program GBA4ios. It says it will allow Pokemon Go to work. Anyone have any advice before I do this?

Haven't got around to the tablet yet �� but I have a different problem :
Got my son an iPhone 4 that was a hand me down. I did not realize that you cannot update the ios high enoughto dl Pokemon Go.
I did a few Google searches and found a program GBA4ios. It says it will allow Pokemon Go to work. Anyone have any advice before I do this?

GBA4iOS is a GameBoy emulator. It won't enable Pokemon Go, but it would enable a few generations of actual Pokemon games.

Joe you have more technology problems than anyone else I know :D

Should this have it's own thread? It doesn't sound like it's about internet anymore.

Don't forget that if you root your device, anyone with access to it, legitimate or not, also has root access.

Back
Top Bottom