Vtwin or inline4 sound? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Vtwin or inline4 sound?

油井緋色;2351167 said:
I think some of them use inline engines actually...might be why we sound so similar (or it could just be the 15-18k redlines lol)

Not since before the 90's has an F1 engine been in-line, as per specified rules. Waaaay back they used to run inline 6's, and I think there were inline 8's, but they became too big, so the major competitors have been running V's forever.

Nothing comes even remotely close to a straight 8 in texture and feel. Interestingly the race aluminum used waaaaay back was about the quality of that used in lawn furniture today. Not coincidently a lot of lawn furniture nowadays is manufactured from a whole spectrum of plastic and plastic like formulations. Plastic engine parts? Damn straight. Racing improves the breed but spectating plays not an insignificant role. That's why I never wear earplugs at the track.

油井緋色;2351167 said:
I think some of them use inline engines actually...might be why we sound so similar (or it could just be the 15-18k redlines lol)
It's the high redline, that's why turbine engine sounds kind of similar

Then there's Honda's old CBX I-L 6.

I don't know how modified this one is in the video, but holy shiznit!

[video=youtube;e8tkVSKb77Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8tkVSKb77Y[/video]

Then there's Honda's old CBX I-L 6.

I don't know how modified this one is in the video, but holy shiznit!

[video=youtube;e8tkVSKb77Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8tkVSKb77Y[/video]
My supervisor has one that's been sitting in his garage for years. Been thinking of offering to buy it off him but I've been too lazy to look into what insurance will cost me. Plus he said the thing weighs like 600 lbs and I only need a second bike for playing around in the winter and that bike is probably not a good fit (been looking at old low cc enduros). And then there's the reports of that wide engine hitting the ground in tight turns, making people wipe out.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Because somebody has a somewhat interesting bike sitting in the garage for years is never the best reason to commit tons of time and money resurrecting it just to find it's not what you really needed after all, no, the best way to do that is to cruise kijiji with one hand and a tumbler of scotch in the other. Preferably with the drapes drawn shut.

Because somebody has a somewhat interesting bike sitting in the garage for years is never the best reason to commit tons of time and money resurrecting it just to find it's not what you really needed after all, no, the best way to do that is to cruise kijiji with one hand and a tumbler of scotch in the other. Preferably with the drapes drawn shut.
Oh I spend plenty of time on Kijiji. Where do you think I found all those old enduros? Usually I just end up with ****** cars I can't put on the road and then sell at a loss, lol.

I still liked that VW TD powered Sidekick that my gf called "embarrassing". Just because you had to wear earplugs inside and it was falling apart doesn't make it embarrassing!

I still liked that VW TD powered Sidekick that my gf called "embarrassing". Just because you had to wear earplugs inside and it was falling apart doesn't make it embarrassing!

LOL, that sounds exactly like something I'd drive before I matured. I think I still have one stripped out full metal interior save for bedliner car left in me. Prolly save that as a retirement treat.

LOL, that sounds exactly like something I'd drive before I matured. I think I still have one stripped out full metal interior save for bedliner car left in me. Prolly save that as a retirement treat.
This one had an interior. Unlike the Nissan Patrol I tried to buy before it that the gf talked me out of.

Nothing beats the sound of an inline-4, unless they're super loud. and cruisers are just annoying and sound like shiit lol.

More silliness. Nothing wrong with the sound of a Japanese or English cruiser. What you are referring to not liking is an open pipe cruiser, an open pipe anything sounds like *****. My stock pipe VN2000 sounds quite nice, which is why I sold the V&H pipe it originally came with, that sound was annoying.

But my bias for top of the food chain sound is a heightened compression TL series V-twin with full race Yosh exhaust. At idle it sounded like an hovering Apache attack helicopter. You can't beat that.

My V60 twin Tuono sounds delicious. LOL

Old ZX7 with a full system sounds awesome, that much I admit. The ZX7 that showed up at the last RACE round brought home the memories.

I'm going to go with v-twin over inline 4, provided it's a 90-degree. (a la Ducati)

But best sounding engine ever is early 70s Kawi 2-stroke triple, especially from the seat where you hear the intake honk through the K&Ns as well.

Still love the sound of an L twin even tho i don't have one anymore.Funny...don't care for the sound of a 2 stroke under load.But listening to my Ossa tr280i while i'm on it is pure music.

Nothing wakes up homeless people sleeping under the gardiner than a L-twin at WOT.

L/V-Twin for sure... No 'soul' in the in-line 4's.

Sweet potato potato, interesting that it only has Stage 1 exhaust. I would have thought Stage 2 at a minimum. I wonder if they made up for it on the air filtration system? These things can greatly affect life saving sound.

Back
Top Bottom