Marco Muzzo | Page 12 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Marco Muzzo

72. Driving motor vehicle with unsealed container of liquor
73. Having care and control of a motor vehicle with unsealed container of liquor

How do these apply to RV's? Beer isn't much of an issue in that one tends to finish off a bottle of beer but hard liquor, other than the airline bottles, tends to be around for a while.

Is the closed cabinet rule for boats applied?

RVs and boats are treated the same. When in transit, no alcohol can be open or available. When parked or moored for the night, then it is a residence.

10 years for Muzzo, less credit for 8 months in pretrial custody, leaving 9 years and 4 months to serve. Followed up with 12 year driving prohibition following release.

This is I think one of if not the harshest sentence for impaired driving ever imposed in Canada.

10 years for Muzzo, less credit for 8 months in pretrial custody, leaving 9 years and 4 months to serve. Followed up with 12 year driving prohibition following release.

This is I think one of if not the harshest sentence for impaired driving ever imposed in Canada.

I'm guessing parole after 3ish.

Not nearly enough. I would have liked to have seen 20 years and a lifetime driving ban.

Agree. This guy isn't going to end up spending even a year in jail per death. that's ridiculous. As far as I'm concerned you kill someone drunk driving you should be getting 2nd degree murder at a minimum.

10 year sentence minus credit for time served. Mandatory parole hearing at 1/3 his sentence unless he declines (not likely). No prior criminal record, no mental issues, showing remorse. He'll be out on parole in about 3 years. He'll leave jail and walk right into a good paying job due to his family, and the driving suspension won't mean squat because that never seems to prevent anyone from actually getting behind the wheel. As already stated, less than 1 year served per death, and he won't have any follow-up hardship whatsoever. Something is seriously wrong with the system.

He gets credit for time served, has anyone seen if that's multiplied (1.5x or 2x) or straight time?

Quoting my thoughts for future reference.

Trial will go for a LONG time, certainly between appeals, until the media spotlight has faded far enough away to sweep the charge under the rug. Very common tactic to wait until the public shifts their attention.

My guess:
2 Years involuntary manslaughter in min. security prison. Out in 6 months on good behaviour.
OR
Close to being let off completely due to fault in the process in which he/evidence was booked the night of the accident.

2019-2020, outcome will happen. Media will swoon over the decision and public outcry for less than a week. And Poof...

He is not charged with involuntary manslaughter, and involuntary manslaughter is not a lesser and included charge for anything that he is charged with.

It won't get swept under the rug any more than the latest fatal drunk driving conviction and sentencing was for a nobody. Precisely because it is a Muzzo, the media will remain all over it.

He will get far more than two years inside because of the acts leading up to it and his prior driving and public intoxication record. A kid with no such record and with spotless character references recently got 5 years for killing two people. Muzzo's money may buy him a good defence, but it won't buy him a sentencing judge.

Well, I was dead wrong.

Didn't expect him to plea guilty, but I guess the evidence was too much for even the best lawyers.
griff2, you called it! :eek:ccasion5:

At least it wasn't just a $500 fine for turning left and killing a rider......

No win either way.

Was about to say... Better than the lady that ran a stop sign a while back and killed a rider and ended up getting a $110 ticket for improper stop at a stop sign...

Which is essentially what Marco did - just impaired.

The situation is sad but one has to ask, do they think this was his first time drinking and driving to this extent.

Why didn't anyone on the plane call him a cab?
Clearly he was too stupid and risked everything.
He knew he was partying and came back drunk.
Why didn't someone ensure they picked him up or send him a car service? He should have arranged a car before he left the runway in Miami.
It's not like he couldn't afford it.
Clearly for as smart as they claim he is, he is basically stupid at his core.

If one had that much money then for damn sure even with 1 drink or even if they felt tired, you can afford to get a driver/taxi...whatever to get you home.

btw- I thought drunks usually drive slow especially when they are just trying to make it home.
too bad he slammed into the minivan instead of running off the road and hitting a tree (without injury or killing himself).
A sad confluence of fate.

by no means am i defending the guy, he killed innocent people, children... but people make mistakes, you use poor judgement for 1 split second and your life and someone elses changes forever. I don't think the guy hopped into this car that day intending to take out a family, he used poor judgement and is paying for it, and just because he'll only do a few years in real prison doesn't mean it's over for the guy, he has to carry the burden that he killed innocent people because if his mistake for the rest of his life, everywhere he goes, his name will forever be known as the guy that killed those kids. That in itself is a total mind f*ck, if i were him i'd rather be dead.

by no means am i defending the guy, he killed innocent people, children... but people make mistakes, you use poor judgement for 1 split second and your life and someone elses changes forever. I don't think the guy hopped into this car that day intending to take out a family, he used poor judgement and is paying for it, and just because he'll only do a few years in real prison doesn't mean it's over for the guy, he has to carry the burden that he killed innocent people because if his mistake for the rest of his life, everywhere he goes, his name will forever be known as the guy that killed those kids. That in itself is a total mind f*ck, if i were him i'd rather be dead.
He was "allegedly" stopped for drinking and driving several times prior to this incident; they just didn't stick. Apparently he didn't learn anything from those prior incidents. He made the same bad decision on several occasions. He just didn't get away with it this time. A one-time offender with significant remorse is one thing. A repeat offender is another ...

What about the mother and the rest of family? Why is it people describe murder with a vehicle as "poor judgement" and "I'm sure he didn't intended on doing it" but with every else that "logic" doesn't apply. I'm sure bystanders that get killed by stray bullets weren't meant to be hit but the shooter still serves heavy time for it. Driving a vehicle impaired is the same thing. You're drunk and driving. He should've gotten life for what did. He can carry that burden in jail. People don't see the big deal with drinking and driving. No one thinks they'll do it and then when it happens it's "well it was a mistake and they regret it". Life's are still lost. Repeat offenders shouldn't have a license period.

What will be really interesting is where he does his time. Club Fed. or like most others a medium security facility to start.

Repeat offenders shouldn't have a license period.
This is my vague memory at work. But on newstalk 1010 they made note of a guy who had 18 impaired driving infractions and racked another one when he killed a woman in a wheelchair.

14 or 18 or somewhere in that range. Can't remember exactly. Point was it was a ridiculous number and the guy was still driving. My guess was he wasn't licensed. If he was, that's criminal on the MoT's behalf.

If someone could bring up the case that would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom