Needa seat modified - Mississauga area ...any suggestions? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Needa seat modified - Mississauga area ...any suggestions?

So you guys would recommend this over a Sargeant seat for mods for longer distance touring? I have an Airhawk and I'm lukewarm about it so looking for something different and longer distance comfort.

I have the Airhawk R... Use it all the time. Highly recommended! Big time improvement over factory seats. Low cost alternative over pricey custom saddles.

MP... why are you 'lukewarm' regarding your Airhawk? What are you not liking about it?

I have the Airhawk R... Use it all the time. Highly recommended! Big time improvement over factory seats. Low cost alternative over pricey custom saddles.

MP... why are you 'lukewarm' regarding your Airhawk? What are you not liking about it?

i feel like I'm floating on the bike and makes for a weird feeling during cornering, braking and accelerating. Might be a matter of dialing it in with different amounts of air but overall ... Meh...

i feel like I'm floating on the bike and makes for a weird feeling during cornering, braking and accelerating. Might be a matter of dialing it in with different amounts of air but overall ... Meh...

Yeah, you need 'minimal' air... 'just enough' to raise your butt off the seat. A quarter inch would do. Funny though... when you do, finally get it 'dialed in', you would swear (to look at) that it isn't inflated enough to be efective.

You say you get a floating sensation... too much air dude. Let some out. Keep adjusting until the floaties are gone.

Watched a YT vid on the Airhawk R and the reviewer basically said to inflate it to required firmness... LOL, that's not how the Airhawk works. Has nothing to do with 'firmness'. As mentioned above... keep letting air out until the floaties are gone, but with 'some' air remaining. That, is Optimal inflation.

Yeah, you need 'minimal' air... 'just enough' to raise your butt off the seat. A quarter inch would do. Funny though... when you do, finally get it 'dialed in', you would swear (to look at) that it isn't inflated enough to be efective.

You say you get a floating sensation... too much air dude. Let some out. Keep adjusting until the floaties are gone.

Watched a YT vid on the Airhawk R and the reviewer basically said to inflate it to required firmness... LOL, that's not how the Airhawk works. Has nothing to do with 'firmness'. As mentioned above... keep letting air out until the floaties are gone, but with 'some' air remaining. That, is Optimal inflation.

OK thanks for the info...YOU just saved me some $! LoL Will mess around with it today at lunch.

The only situation where the Airhawk 'may' not be ideal, is when a rider frequently shifts their body around on the seat in the twisties. The Airhawk may slide around a tad. Some riders have complained about that fact. Other than that though, the Airhawk does the trick for 200$. That may seem a bit much for 'what it is', however, it works... and works Awesome! It's better than spending 1000$ plus for a custom seat. Also, it would be easy to sell when no longer required... A 'custom' seat has a very limited market...

Last edited:
Oh, yeah, I don't use the straps. If the bike has to be unattended, the Airhawk gets tossed into the Topbox... Out of sight, out of mind. If you don't have any storage, you may want to consider strapping it down. A little bit of a theft deterrent. Will not stop a determined thief, but it's better than just leaving it 'laying on your seat' for some sticky finger to quickly pinch...

BTB... there is a YT vid of an actual seat that is an Airhawk inflatable product. Not just a seat cushion... First time I've seen that.

Back
Top Bottom