Needa seat modified - Mississauga area ...any suggestions? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Needa seat modified - Mississauga area ...any suggestions?

Why would you ever need details? I need a seat modified.
This is a motorcycle forum ....do you really need "details" ?? :rolleyes:
If you have nothing cogent to add move on.

The pan or do you just need an upholsterer?

I was going to have a seat modified by Alpha, talked to a guy there and could barely understand him.

Maybe MacDoc can speak spanish.

That was the Dad. Once you know him he is very funny. Also over 40 years experience. Knows his stuff. 2 Sons, also very good.
I am very cautious when I recommend somebody as it can backfire on me. No problems here.

That was the Dad. Once you know him he is very funny. Also over 40 years experience. Knows his stuff. 2 Sons, also very good.
I am very cautious when I recommend somebody as it can backfire on me. No problems here.

Ahh okay. I don't doubt their skill... I was just really leery when I couldn't understand the guy. Well that seat was from a couple motorcycles ago... The FZ-09.

Ahh okay. I don't doubt their skill... I was just really leery when I couldn't understand the guy. Well that seat was from a couple motorcycles ago... The FZ-09.

I totally understand.
I went into a DVD rental store many years ago. I asked if they had the movie, "The Right Stuff" He said he did not understand me and could I speak English.
Well, couldn`t stop laughing. I was from London. UK.

Why would you ever need details? I need a seat modified.
This is a motorcycle forum ....do you really need "details" ?? :rolleyes:
If you have nothing cogent to add move on.

All these cries for details are making me nauseous. I would have gone straight to Fonzie's playbook. Sit on it!

Another vote for Alpha

before

after

That looks great ^

What's the charge out of curiosity?

No local rec's, but Dirt Road from yamahafz1oa.com did the seat on my FZ1 and it's fantastic for touring now, I assume that's what you're after. Price is very reasonable and quality is good. I know he does other makes as well.

That looks great ^

What's the charge out of curiosity?

No local rec's, but Dirt Road from yamahafz1oa.com did the seat on my FZ1 and it's fantastic for touring now, I assume that's what you're after. Price is very reasonable and quality is good. I know he does other makes as well.

Thanks, it really set off the bike, and it was suggested by the guys at Alpha...

if if I remember I think it was 200 or 250, I am happy with it

i decided to not use the strap in the end

Looks awesome. Alpha, bravo.

So you guys would recommend this over a Sargeant seat for mods for longer distance touring? I have an Airhawk and I'm lukewarm about it so looking for something different and longer distance comfort.

Seats, whether Sargent, Corbin or modified OEM are hit and miss. Like shoes.

I think it depends on each bike, Sergeant or Corbin could be good with one model but not with another. If your going to a custom shop for a seat you should be able to specify what you want and even have it made to fit you specifically.

A cheap thing to try is bead riders
https://www.beadrider.com

They look terrible and look uncomfortable, but are great for a long trip. I have a sergeant, well had with my last bike, have not bought one for my new one yet, going to do a weekend trip with the bead riders on the stock seat and see how it goes. I did use bead riders on my old sergeant on a trip out to Nova Scotia and they were fantastic. Cheap and ugly and they work. Might be worth a try before plopping down some money on a new seat.

Back
Top Bottom