Tire opinions please, facts optional. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tire opinions please, facts optional.

More of a construction/sidewall thing than profile I suspect. That said, average riding, and dirt for that matter, it's probably not a huge issue.

P.S. Dougie's Rosso Corsa's probably lack the "Inreb trail rating" :cool:

He does well on gravel, you guys should get in the game.

Any time you see a dented rim I'd assume the tire was completely pinched at that spot. A beefier tire thru construction and/or size should mitigate that in theory. Serious off road bikes never have cast wheels.

Any time I've dented or scraped a rim, its been from the side.
In order for the tire to "mould" over an obstacle, I would expect you to have to deflate the tires and run very slowly.

That a flatter rear tire won't turn as well as the front only means it won't be a scalpel. I also don't see how braking would be unduly compromised by running a flatter profile on the front compared to a triangulated tire. That's counter intuitive. You know that fatty on the front of the DR650? That's a rear. It's not holding me back too much. Maybe ask Dougie:p

Awfully tempted to go 130/80 rear on front, some real gains to be had there with softened rake/trail but I feel 130/70 should be the first try(had a b/n sitting on a shelf anyway) and I can keep the stock fender.

You'll have more surface area and therefore less weight per sq inch. That will influence your traction and possibly your coefficient of friction.
Which could influence your stopping distance, and make it more likely to hydroplane on a wet surface.

You could try asking at www.msgroup.org, they tend to get into physics every once in a while, and may be able to come up with a decent list of pros/cons.

Common sense dictates that if it was a commonly viable solution, that it would have be more popularly discussed on various boards over the years.

Common sense also dictates that something making common sense, doesn't make that something true either.

He does well on gravel, you guys should get in the game.

Well now that the Buell is gone I don't have a bike I'm willing to subject to such abuse... not to mention any abuse i might personally incur .. haha

get back to work

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom