race leathers in "tall" sizes | GTAMotorcycle.com

race leathers in "tall" sizes

boyoboy

been looking for a one piece with a "tall" fit.

is there any manufacturers that have a tall fit? not looking for a custom made suit due to cost.

i've just never seen a tall fit race suit for sale.

how tall?

Haven't seen any, that might be a bit of a stretch.

6'3" alpinestars size 60 gp 1 pro. Stretchy panels in the umm... right places. GPbikes has them. Fits fairly well, but its a slimmer style fit.

NO,,. You will not find a tall size suit. Just doesn't happen,,,Pilot, for custom is about the best option.
Have never seen a mfg'er that makes ,,, say a size 48/58 in "tall",,, and that's in 35+ years. Good luck.

Typically when someone says "Tall" they mean ,for example a NA 48 /Euro 58 off the rack is too short. So they have a stretched torso or legs. So if you are 6'4" and a normal build you can find sizes. Dainese,Spyke fit taller and slim. Taichi and Spidi fit tall and slim as well. Should you have a few extra pounds you may need to go to a more generous fit in the middle. But if you are looking for a 48/58 for example in a "tall" make ,, not available. Meaning you want a 48/58 suit with extra length added to the suit. That is a custom request. [The example 48/58 ,,,,48 is North American Sizing and the 58 is European]

Typically when someone says "Tall" they mean ,for example a NA 48 /Euro 58 off the rack is too short. So they have a stretched torso or legs. So if you are 6'4" and a normal build you can find sizes. Dainese,Spyke fit taller and slim. Taichi and Spidi fit tall and slim as well. Should you have a few extra pounds you may need to go to a more generous fit in the middle. But if you are looking for a 48/58 for example in a "tall" make ,, not available. Meaning you want a 48/58 suit with extra length added to the suit. That is a custom request. [The example 48/58 ,,,,48 is North American Sizing and the 58 is European]

i'm not as tall as some folks here, and i have owned a couple of off the rack suits, but i never had a really good fit. im not quite 6'2". 194lbs . 46 chest?, 34 waist. a suit that fits me good in the arms and chest most often is loose in the torso waist area, and worse, pulls tight in the crotch area. the brands you mentioned as slim fit may very well work for me, i'll try that.
EDIT: i think maybe my legs are shorter, and my torso longer, than average.
thx all for your responses.

Last edited:
I'm 6'2", 240lbs ish & a little bigger round the middle area than most.
Size 60 Alpinestars SP-1 bought from Sport Bike Track Gear when I was down in Michigan on business earlier this year, seems to fit me well enough.

6'5 215lbs here and the guys at Riders Choice got me into a 58 Rev'it! and it fits great. Legs and sleeves are perfect and its long in the mid-section. Go see them and get sized up!

I do recall somewhere that Dainese did have some short/tall sizes... I think the Laguna Seca model had that option -- now, not sure if it's still available or if stores actually had them in stock or not..

In any case, with the recent recommendations for Rider's Choice - a friendly reminder that their big anniversary sale is ending this Sat (Oct 3rd) so it's a good time to check them out soon! And if off-the-rack does not fit, then you always book a custom Dainese fitting with them too :)

I do recall somewhere that Dainese did have some short/tall sizes... I think the Laguna Seca model had that option -- now, not sure if it's still available or if stores actually had them in stock or not..

In any case, with the recent recommendations for Rider's Choice - a friendly reminder that their big anniversary sale is ending this Sat (Oct 3rd) so it's a good time to check them out soon! And if off-the-rack does not fit, then you always book a custom Dainese fitting with them too :)

The Dainese Alien Leather pants come in long and short sizes, but they don't have knee sliders. None of the race suits come in different lengths, but they do come in different fits. The Laguna Seca Pro Evo is considered a "thin" fit, and the Racing Pelle comes in a wider torso. That may allow more range for different heights and body types and limb lengths.

Another thing to consider is the amount of stretch fabric in some styles will help a lot of people get a good fit compared to the more structured leather suits. Definitely anyone looking at a new suit should go to RC and see what is available. Most people complain about the cost of the Dainese, but they are often less than Revit and for the quality often better than comparably priced suits from other brands, like AStars.

Hey I bought a really nice Dainese suit and it fit perfectly all around accept that it is the "over the boot" style leg (and of course the boots I bought with it). The length was a little short. But instead of sacrificing the amazing fit to get bigger I took my suit to John Bickle and he added 3 inches of leather to the ends of the legs and also lined it with Velcro and attaches to the boots perfectly and gives me plenty of overlap onto the boot for protection. Had it like that for years and works great!

Another thing to consider is the amount of stretch fabric in some styles will help a lot of people get a good fit compared to the more structured leather suits.

Honestly,, it should not stretch. The fabric they add,, "if" it is good Kyprotec, does not stretch. The none leather places on a suit started to help the fit and stabilize the costs. Leather is bought by the hide and Kyprotec ,by the yard. So the more Kyprotec the lower or more stable the cost. Now,, in order to be called Kyprotec or fabric kevlar it has to have 10% Kevlar. So it can have 90% nylon. The good stuff does not stretch,it has a much higher kevlar content, it does have a little give usually in one direction. The cheaper stuff has lots of stretch in all directions. The fit is great with the cheaper,but the protection is minimal. The more stretch the more the suit can move.
Example,, more and more suits have so much stretch any more the armour rolls the forearm around and riders are wearing the area that should never hit the ground.
So today we fix more inner forarms and inside the butt/crotch area as the suit stretches and pulls those areas to the pavement. Sign of the times,,, not sure anybody looks for this aspect anymore,,less fabric and more leather is better.

Example,, more and more suits have so much stretch any more the armour rolls the forearm around and riders are wearing the area that should never hit the ground. So today we fix more inner forarms and inside the butt/crotch area as the suit stretches and pulls those areas to the pavement. Sign of the times,,, not sure anybody looks for this aspect anymore,,less fabric and more leather is better.

Dainese's proprietary "S1" fabric is used in their "non-impact areas" to help improve fit and flow air better than perforated leather. But, I agree John, it's no substitute for leather. I'm not sure what it is made of, however there is a video of Brian from SportBikeTrackGear, in which he shows how the fabric survived his high speed "off" with only minor scuffs and he seemed sincerely impressed by the product. But I can hear you right now, and I agree... no two crashes are the same. Maybe he got lucky.

But this is an inexact science, all we can do is look around at... shall we say.. more experienced riders and what they are wearing. I see more Dainese suits being worn that have survived multiple crashes and been repaired than any other brand (again my perspective may be skewed). Never seen a problem with the fabric wearing through.

But, despite all this opinion, I think the last thing you wrote reminded me of an observation I had of the new DAir suit. It looks like it is cut EXACTLY like the entry level "Racing Pelle" suit. In fact, even the "Team" Kangaroo suit had minimal fabric in the design. To say "entry level" is a bit of a joke because I don't think it offers any less crash protection and it has the same cowhide used in even the DAir. But the customer has to balance that against a suit that may fit better (and thus be arguably more protective) with the fabric in key areas. I think that was probably one of the main factors for Dainese in serving the North American market.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom