Where to get this bike hauler locally? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to get this bike hauler locally?

Would the consensus still be that it's a bad idea if the chain were removed?

I'm no expert here but I think that IF the chain was removed you would get rid of a lot of potential issues. Main one being that just because the motor is in Neutral a bump can put it into drive and then your problems begin.

IMO if it's in neutral the whole time with the chain removed then you're basically just pulling a wheel behind you on an axle...don't think it would do much damage.

Maybe somebody should invent a thingy that goes under the rear wheel that serves as a substitute rear wheel. Turns the motorcycle into a single axle trailer. Use a radial tire. I'm hearing good things about radials.

I've used a home made one for dirt bikes. If the chain is removed as you said only the rear wheel turns. No problem. Do not back up or turn overly sharp as the bike leans a lot from the angle of the steering stem.

First year I started on track I used a small dirt bike trailer with a single rail. It worked fine and I towed it with a Saturn (car). Stored it up against a wall in garage.

Didn't like the folding trailer (too many fail points for my liking), or the sideways mount (car couldn't do it), or the one you posted (bike fubared if something went wrong).

Back
Top Bottom