Where to get this bike hauler locally? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to get this bike hauler locally?

unL33T

Anyone know where I could get something like this locally or even custom made for a good price?

Picture_009-373x269.jpg

$(KGrHqJHJEMFGT,ct8pnBRlWTQRtHw~~60_12.JPG

FQT9HBBHGU2EW4K.LARGE.jpg

RHMC1SV_8_500.jpg

Need one to fit a 1.25" class II hitch (don't worry my bike is light).

Or if these are terrible, let me know. I'd likely only use it a couple times a year, anyway.

Before you buy anything like this be sure that your bike can be towed with the rear wheel on the ground. With many bikes it will cause components to overheat.

Hopefully a bump doesn't knock the shiftet into gear....
That looks like the worst idea ever

You may be better off with the carrier that holds it sideways... still not as confident with those but better than keeping the rear wheel on the pavement.

You may be better off with the carrier that holds it sideways... still not as confident with those but better than keeping the rear wheel on the pavement.
Yeah you need a class III or IV for that which means a big truck.

Guess the general consensus is it's a bad idea so I won't be doing any hauling then.

If you were towing a rwd car in this fashion (car dolley) you would need to remove the drive shaft to save the transmission. I wonder if these are designed to have the chain removed from the rear sprocket before towing.

If you were towing a rwd car in this fashion (car dolley) you would need to remove the drive shaft to save the transmission. I wonder if these are designed to have the chain removed from the rear sprocket before towing.
They all say as long it's manual and not shaft drive you're fine.

Everything I've read about towing my car is that it's fine with the rear wheels on the ground.

So when I'm coasting with my clutch in I'm damaging my transmission on my car?

On my bike there is no oil pump so I don't see how the engine running makes a difference.

"So when I'm coasting with my clutch in I'm damaging my transmission on my car?"

If you are just coasting to a stop light it is not bad, but there is still friction between your flywheel and clutch disc with the clutch in on most cars. With the engine running, drive wheels off the ground, transmission in gear, and clutch in, the wheels will still spin a little bit from this friction.

"So when I'm coasting with my clutch in I'm damaging my transmission on my car?"

If you are just coasting to a stop light it is not bad, but there is still friction between your flywheel and clutch disc with the clutch in on most cars. With the engine running, drive wheels off the ground, transmission in gear, and clutch in, the wheels will still spin a little bit from this friction.
So the input shaft of the transmission runs the lubrication and this doesn't operate if everything is spinning because the wheels are on the ground?

I would not consider one of these for a shaft-driven motorcycle due to wear and tear on the transmission (and potentially gearbox if it pops into gear). For a belt or chain-driven bike, i would only use one of these carriers if the belt or chain were removed during towing to ensure the rear wheel continues to free-wheel.

Just don't use that. bad idea.

Rent a UHaul trailer... as you say it's only a few times per year that you would require it.

Rent a UHaul trailer... as you say it's only a few times per year that you would require it.

Yeah I was hoping this would be ok in case I decide to haul a bit more often as I don't have room to store a trailer. Also good if I wanted to go look at a bike for sale that I might not buy. I'll trust all the advice and not try one although I don't really think it would be as bad as everyone seems to think.

It 'probably' would be okay... however, I wouldn't trust it.

1. Weld-up receiver-mount wheel chock.

2. Weld-up rear wheel dolly.

3. ...

4. Profit!

1. Weld-up receiver-mount wheel chock.

2. Weld-up rear wheel dolly.

3. ...

4. Profit!
Ok make one and sell it to me.

Back
Top Bottom