Had to let my fiancee get a cat... but I got this | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Had to let my fiancee get a cat... but I got this

Nice cats everyone

3f256c0455133caec0e3e137e2decd2b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Great bike, cats are fun too...unless you develop an allergy to them as I did...no more cats for me :(

If they are pulling the cords with their mouth then take some liquid soap and coat the cord lightly. It will taste awful to them and you have to reapply but it works.

Might try this...

I loved my Husky, but sadly lost her due to very aggressive cancer. I'm not a huge cat person, but I tolerate them. I think the cats realize this and go by the motto "YOU MUST LOVE ME".

I do appreciate that they are smart enough to go in the litter box, and even bury the poop. Overall fairly low maintenance.

Might try this...

I loved my Husky, but sadly lost her due to very aggressive cancer. I'm not a huge cat person, but I tolerate them. I think the cats realize this and go by the motto "YOU MUST LOVE ME".

I do appreciate that they are smart enough to go in the litter box, and even bury the poop. Overall fairly low maintenance.

They're like the Honda's of the pet world.

Nice bike! great choice. Seems to be the best type of street bike going, little bit of everything.

^^that doesn't look half bad.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Thanks Scuba Steve, Got that bolted on.... although it IS a little small. Not big enough for a helmet, but tank-bag sizeish.

It seems super strong, water/dust proof and locks.... Can't really complain for $50.

Spent all the money on the bike, can't afford an extra $50-$100 for a top box? :agave:

I have to admit that it does look pretty good, but not fitting a helmet will be an issue.

Spent all the money on the bike, can't afford an extra $50-$100 for a top box? :agave:

I have to admit that it does look pretty good, but not fitting a helmet will be an issue.

heheh... I wanted some more time to think about the luggage situation and make a good decision. Unfortunately I have mostly enduro luggage that doesn't fit the bike at all.

The GIVI Monolock doesn't seem to support much weight, and I wasn't sure what I wanted in the Givi Monokey. I was also considering the SHAD cases, but I've heard they can be slightly cheapish.

I was offered the GIVI OBK42 http://www.givi.ca/en/gamme_detail.php?val=65 and adapter for $500 taxes in. Although seems rather steep for a single topbox of only 42L.

Decisions Decisions.

I really like the Trekker Ouback and would have bought the 3 pc set, unfortunately it costs almost as much as my bike did.

I bought my Givi gear from Italy and saved a lot of cash even considering shipping and taxes. That was before the CDN peso really tanked though but it still might be worthwhile looking. Motostorm.it was the site. I got Givi Trekker side cases and 52 L top box and probably saved over $300 vs buying them here. The Trekker series would look good with that bike...also don't be too concerned about weight ratings but don't go loading lead weights in them. I got the top rack and side bars used from someone on another site.

I bought my Givi gear from Italy and saved a lot of cash even considering shipping and taxes. That was before the CDN peso really tanked though but it still might be worthwhile looking. Motostorm.it was the site. I got Givi Trekker side cases and 52 L top box and probably saved over $300 vs buying them here. The Trekker series would look good with that bike...also don't be too concerned about weight ratings but don't go loading lead weights in them. I got the top rack and side bars used from someone on another site.

Hmmm, the prices are about the same as what I was quoted at GP Bikes. Mostly due to our dollar being so bad right now. The GIVI Outback Trekker is really nice.

I probably wouldn't have hesitated... Except I just bought some Klim gear, Givi crash bars, some other farkles, and it's almost October :lmao:

True that about the weight limits in the top case...

I think mine is rated something ridiculous like 20lbs, but for a while I was selling AR-500 hardened shooting plates and would often use the bike to go get them in Niagara Falls... I've carried easily 60 to 80 pounds worth of steel in the Kappa Garda top case without issue.

For regular use, the weight limits won't be an issue... how much does a helmet, or a sweater, or a spare jacket and gloves weigh? Toss in a lunch with a bottle of water and you are still nowhere near being too heavy for what the case can actually take.

With the Kappa Garda side cases though... when I have them over-loaded and going on a bumpy trip (like the Trans-Lab run), I typically run a ratchet strap from one case to another over the passenger seat as I am not 100% sure the clip system that Kappa/Givi use won't give out.

You can see that here in this image... under the tent/sleeping bag across the rear seat is an orange strap that is bridging the gap and taking some of the stress of the clips that hold the cases:

2014-08-05%2B09.42.40.jpg

True that about the weight limits in the top case...

I think mine is rated something ridiculous like 20lbs, but for a while I was selling AR-500 hardened shooting plates and would often use the bike to go get them in Niagara Falls... I've carried easily 60 to 80 pounds worth of steel in the Kappa Garda top case without issue.

For regular use, the weight limits won't be an issue... how much does a helmet, or a sweater, or a spare jacket and gloves weigh? Toss in a lunch with a bottle of water and you are still nowhere near being too heavy for what the case can actually take.

With the Kappa Garda side cases though... when I have them over-loaded and going on a bumpy trip (like the Trans-Lab run), I typically run a ratchet strap from one case to another over the passenger seat as I am not 100% sure the clip system that Kappa/Givi use won't give out.

You can see that here in this image... under the tent/sleeping bag across the rear seat is an orange strap that is bridging the gap and taking some of the stress of the clips that hold the cases:

Good idea on the strap. I get what you are saying about the weight of the helmet and some clothes..... but I want to pack tools, air pump, etc... and only having a capacity of 8 pounds or so would always be in the back of my head. Couldn't trust my fiancee on the back of the bike with a topbox rated for 8 pounds. So the GIVI Monolock is completely out of the question.

The Monokey by all accounts is a stronger attachment.

Maybe just bite the bullet and get the Givi Trekker Outback.

Good idea on the strap. I get what you are saying about the weight of the helmet and some clothes..... but I want to pack tools, air pump, etc... and only having a capacity of 8 pounds or so would always be in the back of my head. Couldn't trust my fiancee on the back of the bike with a topbox rated for 8 pounds. So the GIVI Monolock is completely out of the question.

The Monokey by all accounts is a stronger attachment.

Maybe just bite the bullet and get the Givi Trekker Outback.

Might need another cat to get the ride all farkled out with luggage, etc.

Hmmm, the prices are about the same as what I was quoted at GP Bikes. Mostly due to our dollar being so bad right now. The GIVI Outback Trekker is really nice.

I probably wouldn't have hesitated... Except I just bought some Klim gear, Givi crash bars, some other farkles, and it's almost October :lmao:

Did you look in the "outlet" section...usually a lot less.

Edit: Just looked, Givi Trekker Outback 58L aluminum topbox for $310 US, 42L panniers for around $500 US a pair. Shipping for me when I ordered was flat rate $50...no duties, sometimes taxes to pay.

I don't know if that's cheap...I do know the E52 Maxia monokey is cheap at around $100ish US but it doesn't look as pretty.

Last edited:
Did you look in the "outlet" section...usually a lot less.

Edit: Just looked, Givi Trekker Outback 58L aluminum topbox for $310 US, 42L panniers for around $500 US a pair. Shipping for me when I ordered was flat rate $50...no duties, sometimes taxes to pay.

I don't know if that's cheap...I do know the E52 Maxia monokey is cheap at around $100ish US but it doesn't look as pretty.

I think 58L would be freaking HUGE.

Hmm didn't see the outlet section on their website. Checking now....

Wow they have the Givi XS306 tank lock bag for $96 US... (I guess not crazy considering our dollar.... ) Edit: NM, not a good deal. $44USD shipping makes the deal a stinker.

The Givi Outback Trekker 42 topcase ($500 CDN) and mounting plate ($120ish) was $500 taxes in at GP, not that bad of a deal I guess.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom