My Interaction With a Distracted Driver *Video | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

My Interaction With a Distracted Driver *Video

I told a cabbie to get off his phone after he sat blocking traffic for a good 30 seconds while he played with his phone. He told me to shut up and mind my own business. He didn't even notice the 3 cars behind him that were honking the whole time. He also had to stop mid turn, holding up those cars, to tell me to shut up.

Of course the driver was wrong and clearly illegal, but this is Toronto and enforcement and education is lax. Obviously the driver didn't give a s***. You cannot change their behaviour, only a stiff fine and demerit points will.

OP Your horn sucks. It's so meep meep stock that others simply ignore it. I went to a junkyard and got 2 Minivan horns, and wired them with a relay to the battery, the trigger is my original horn. They are Fiamm Freeway Blasters hi and low, no compressor required, $20/ea. The three horns are very loud and dissonant, and I get noticed. If you are beside a vehicle with an open window and honk, the driver would jump. This has happened with me and I recommend it. You can also try a Stebel air horn.

Your horn is a safety device. Get loud and get noticed.

Last edited:
So we have one distracted driver slowing down in the passing lane to scream at another distracted driver,
who is repeatedly trying to pass him on the right, since he's going so slow.

Get out of the way, and let traffic move; save your distractions for discussion at Timmy's. Please!

By the way, chances are that he can't hear you because of the helmet.

Honk and move on.

At least in Nova Scotia, when people stop in the middle of the road for a chit-chat,
they're saying hello how are you.

Last edited:
So we have one distracted driver slowing down in the passing lane to scream at another distracted driver,
who is repeatedly trying to pass him on the right, since he's going so slow.

Get out of the way, and let traffic move; save your distractions for discussion at Timmy's. Please!

By the way, chances are that he can't hear you because of the helmet.

Honk and move on.

At least in Nova Scotia, when people stop in the middle of the road for a chit-chat,
they're saying hello how are you.
Actually he only passed on the right once.

People stop for a chat in the middle of the road here, too. Those people are idiots. I'm not talking about this type of scenario, though.

Back
Top Bottom