My Interaction With a Distracted Driver *Video | GTAMotorcycle.com

My Interaction With a Distracted Driver *Video

theSHARK

I recorded this yesterday while riding through Jane and Finch. The driver of the minivan attempts to merge into my lane from a right turn lane, with no signal, while crossing the solid white line, and all while on his cell phone. This was not a close call, compared to others I have had, because I spotted what he was trying to do pretty early. Luckily he had his window down and heard my horn, I have been meaning to upgrade to something louder than the stock one (recommendations?). His continued use of the phone and the rolling up of the window shows just how ignorant some cagers are.

[video=youtube;ieuJ5wTfmsY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieuJ5wTfmsY&sns=fb[/video]

Some peeps just don't get it...

What a d*******g. When you want a cop they are never around. That would have cost him points and a BIG fine. Also crossed a solid white line.
Hopefully Karma will nail him. Plus you will win the 6/49.

Funny, I had a woman completely cut into me on the highway. Half a car in my lane. When I pass her she jad no cares in the world

I mean I say this on every video. But you actually have video of the driver. And I'm sure you can make out the plate. Send it to the police and they'll get charged.

Talking on you phone isn't nearly as bad as the texters I see on a daily basis. Guy on the video was a douche tho. Clearly had no f*cks given

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Why didnt you get the plate on video is beyond me. Thats the first thing i would do. Also i would waste my energy to yell at the guy.

Why didnt you get the plate on video is beyond me. Thats the first thing i would do. Also i would waste my energy to yell at the guy.

It is too bad you couldn't submit a video showing them plus the plate, and get them charged that way.

I choose not the report the incident to police because you can't do so anonymously (drivers Lic# required) and I don't think they would do anything other than give him a warning letter in the mail. I have had at least five situations this summer where I could have reported drivers. If I had reported them all I'm pretty sure the cops would think I was a nuisance/want to be cop. I also wouldn't want to have multiple issues with other drivers to be used against me if something more serious were to happen. It would also make talking your way out of a ticket harder when you ratted multiple other drivers out for similar infractions. I'm going to save my complaint for someone who really pisses me off.

Going hands free is so cheap now. It's super convenient as well. My bluetooth deck was under $200 and my phone will do everything I ask it to with the push of the volume button.

It is too bad you couldn't submit a video showing them plus the plate, and get them charged that way.
You can so long as you are willing to testify in court.

I've had that said to me to the police after I reported a red light runner.

I'm surprised there was no cop at that location. Nearly every time I have gone through there I have seen a cop sitting in the mall on the south-east corner, just waiting for someone to proceed through in the eastbound right turn lane.

Good video. Nothing crazy, not really a close call but emphasizes our need to be 100% aware at all times to avoid collisions. It's funny I thought I was the only one that swears and talks underneath his helmet. I mounted a dash cam to my car since I was rear ended twice in two months after never having a collision for 18 years. Since then I have mounted one on my bikes front turn signal.
I don't know about you guys, but even with hands free Bluetooth, I still find it distracting talking to the car. I try to refrain from taking calls while driving. It's not as important as my life or somebody else's. If need be I pull over to a parking lot.

I always wonder why the first reaction is to ticket people more severely for this, when all the government and car manufacturers have to do is eliminate cell phone usage while car is moving. It's not hard and the tech exists. Sadly the mighty dollar and capitalism eliminates this simple solution.
I have friends that argue they use their phone for business and are on the road all day and must take calls. I get that and understand but, business never suffered 20 or 30 years ago when people didn't talk on their phones while driving. We made due with what we had, the economy didn't crash because of no phone calls while driving lol. These are the same people that tell me I need an SUV because I'm having a kid lol. What ever happened to a family sedan? Works fine for hauling the kids. I hate suks and would never buy one.
Sorry for the rant, I sound like an old man even though I'm in my early 30s lol.

Last edited:
Come to think of it, a rear view cam might be a good idea on bikes since mirrors aren't really that great.

Back
Top Bottom