STT Ladies Days - 2015 | GTAMotorcycle.com

STT Ladies Days - 2015

I already know Im going to be jumped all over for saying this by is there a reason that it has to be women only???

Because the organizer says so. Two days a year out of the 100+ day schedule are set up for women to attend a track day and ride free of the male animal. Of course they can attend other days too, but for women that have never ever done a track day this is an excellent opportunity. Great fun for guys to help out too.

No worries, that's a fair question.

Most of the ladies that go to this event have never been on a track (at least 45%). The coaches (most are racers) will coach the novice group all day long in class and on track regardless of their skills for just the track price. There are coaches for the intermediate and advanced groups (some of the ladies are damn fast) all day on track. Can you imagine what that would cost if you had to pay for it??? The events are to encourage the ladies to learn and participate so that perhaps they won't be intimidated to join a regular track day event. It's just a nice way to introduce them to it.

They have a ton of sponsors for these 2 events. Every gal gets a loot bag of motorcycle goodies. The raffles are anything from gloves to a Yamaha generator. Everyone leaves with a prize and loot bag.

Ladies save 20% on track fees for any and all events with STT/SBTGirl to encourage them to come out and play.

WARNING WARNING GUYS -- as you know track is addictive. Once she's hooked, she's hooked. You just might find that you will be spending your vacations all year long on track at her insistence. Pro6 from May to September in Ontario. STT/SBTGirl in the USA in the off season. Jennings in winter, Barber and Road Atlanta in early spring and late fall. Hmmm, your partner is addicted ... not bad way to promote the sport you love.

Just ask my husband (aka Skapan) ... I do all the bookings and force him to do track all year long!!!!! LOL

Last edited:
I know no one will agree with me but why are all these discounts and opportunities being offered exclusively to women. I know plenty of people that are male that wouldnt mind some free giveaways. And 20% off just for women. I actually dont care what people think at all. As someone who has been supporting the sport for a long time this is inequality and sexist in the worst way. enjoy your days ladies, I will never understand why extras are awarded to people for doing nothing.

And anyone that call males "animals" are part of the problem in society. And saying its a day for guys to help out......some of us like to ride as much as our partner which is why my wife goes out and kicks everyones ***......equaly

Marketing.

Boobies.

Sistas! It's like that Jeep thing...Plus we LOVE a deal.

I know no one will agree with me but why are all these discounts and opportunities being offered exclusively to women. I know plenty of people that are male that wouldnt mind some free giveaways. And 20% off just for women. I actually dont care what people think at all. As someone who has been supporting the sport for a long time this is inequality and sexist in the worst way. enjoy your days ladies, I will never understand why extras are awarded to people for doing nothing.

And anyone that call males "animals" are part of the problem in society. And saying its a day for guys to help out......some of us like to ride as much as our partner which is why my wife goes out and kicks everyones ***......equaly
Do you also get offended when you have to pay more than seniors and children and getting the same goods and services?

Looks like a fun time. Great video! It looks like some of the shots were done with a drone, which is interesting given the other track day thread discussion currently taking place.

I don't begrudge the ladies having their days and perks. Good for them. If it gets them into the sport, great! The more the merrier. What does bother me though, is the general double standard in our society. I see various events and organizations labelled women only, but I can't recall the last time I saw anything labelled men only. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, right, but if anyone tried to run a guys-only day with discounts and perks only for the men, there would be a huge public backlash. Not saying we need guys only events, but just pointing out the double-standard we seem to accept.

You know track has been typically dominated by men. This organization is simply going after an untapped market by introducing it in a less intimidating way. Secondly, they are trying to keep women coming back with reduced prices at track events. At some point I'm sure those discounts will cease to exist.

I can't afford the track being male and all, plus I'm very intimidated by it, probably about 25% worth.

I can't afford the track being male and all, plus I'm very intimidated by it, probably about 25% worth.

If you're too intimidated by a trackday, you probably should not ride motorcycles. More like you don't want to be passed by the women.

I've never done a trackday, but I ride off-road with Scorra and the Oftr. Every summer Scorra host a ladies training day, with pro female riders as instructors, male presence is minimal and only in a support role, no riding.
It's always pre-booked to the limits, and the girls all seem to improve vastly from one good day working with the pros.
There is always a ride planned in a different forest tract for the spouses/sons of those attending the ladies training day.

Back
Top Bottom