Do you wear protective gear? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Do you wear protective gear?

Supernam

I am the type of person who always wear full gear for the street. So that got me thinking when Alon mention about getting some protective off pavement gear, which I have none of at the moment. Why don't I wear the appropriate protective gear off pavement? I didn't have an answer so I went out and bought some of the Thor gear at Royal Distributing who has a no tax sale right now. I now have the Thor full upper body armour, knee/shin guards and boots in case I take a nasty fall. The only other thing I'm debating on is whether or not I need hip/thigh protection?

What do you guys wear?

I don't ride dirt, but if I did I would want the most I could get...which would include things like some sort of hip armour and a neck brace.

I don't personally wear any hip/thigh protection apart from foam inserts that I fit into my Klim off road pants. The Klim off road pants are immensely strong and protect well from scrapes, etc but certainly not impact. I do have a neck brace as well but sadly, I don't use it as often as I should...

What I have been thinking about lately is that despite how much I love my Leatt upper armour, it doesn't offer any rib protection at the sides - it does a great job for front and back coverage but I've been reading about a few people breaking ribs at their sides under their armpit areas, mostly from their arms colliding with their chests.

Get a pair of padded shorts, they're worth every penny. Other than that it sounds like your geared up.

Get a pair of padded shorts, they're worth every penny. Other than that it sounds like your geared up.
Recommendations?

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

I wear Knox shorts and really like them. I haven't tried any others so I can't reccomend any but I'm sure most of the top names will have somthing comparable.

My advice - ALWAYS wear knee pads :p

[video=youtube;pSFHbx4pekY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSFHbx4pekY[/video]

Elbow pads and knee pads should never be left behind!

I wear Knox shorts and really like them. I haven't tried any others so I can't reccomend any but I'm sure most of the top names will have somthing comparable.
I'll look them up. Thanks.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

I was looking at these. I think they have been discontinued. The only place I've seen them in stock is at Bluestreak Racing. I think I will buy them.

Knee/shin,elbow pads and hip protection,and i ride trials.Buy the best gear you can afford and wear it.

raced motocross for years and did a lot of trail riding always were as much gear as possible it can can cut your severity of injuries in half and trust me I have had many.. never go cheap on boots or a helmet had a bad crash wearing my leatte neck brace glad I had it on or I might be typing this out with a straw.

I ride single track. Easy to difficult stuff. Boots, knee and elbow pads are a must. Landing on a rock or tree stump is not fun. Body rig is fine and better than a chest protector. I also have a pair of Knox armour short w hip protection as the inserts in mx pants are garbage and do nothing if you go down hard. I two have a body rig made by velocity gear that I wear when riding street and may use if from time to time on dirt as it offers excellent spine protection. Boots knee and elbow pads every time I ride dirt is a must.

I am the type of person who always wear full gear for the street. So that got me thinking when Alon mention about getting some protective off pavement gear, which I have none of at the moment. Why don't I wear the appropriate protective gear off pavement? I didn't have an answer so I went out and bought some of the Thor gear at Royal Distributing who has a no tax sale right now. I now have the Thor full upper body armour, knee/shin guards and boots in case I take a nasty fall. The only other thing I'm debating on is whether or not I need hip/thigh protection?

What do you guys wear?

A fairly wide one somewhere...

I actually wish I knew - I'm also oftr / odsc and would love to ride something new before the end of the season. That said, there's this Saturday's fall colour ride by rallyconnex and then the Terra Nova ride on October 18 plus any weekday / weekend I can muster up between now and the white flaky crap..

Back
Top Bottom