Track, Street or both | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Track, Street or both

Zero interest riding on the street now. I spend enough time at the track during the summer that when I'm not riding I'm wrenching, if I'm not wrenching I'm doing housework or it's family time. Riding for the sake of burning fuel lost its appeal. Also the insurance money can be used to pay for tires for A weekend lol.

LOL Ouch! I commend you guys who race regionals (or Canada for that matter). Ya'll do it just for the love of racing.

I'm about to give up street riding for the 3rd time. haha... I've been done with sport bikes on the street for quite a while. My current street bike is an FZ09 which is a great street bike, but I still find myself not getting a whole lot of enjoyment out of street riding. I do enough track and dirt riding that I don't really need street riding, but I'm going to get a street legal dirt bike so I can still do short street rides if I need to. Also looking forward to exploring dirt roads.

I am about to take a trip to New York State through the mountains, going to enjoy the nice scenic views and alone time to just relax - Can't do that on a track or a race bike.

Street riding on a sports bike it really is useless but with a more sport touring bike it can be a lot of fun. It really depends on what you are into at this point of your life.

I think having a dedicated street bike, such as a sport tourer or naked bike, would be a great idea.

.......but $$$$$$$$$$ doesn't agree always!

LOL Ouch! I commend you guys who race regionals (or Canada for that matter). Ya'll do it just for the love of racing.

Nationals cost less to run as far as tires because you have less track time however the traveling is where it gets expensive.

I still ride from September to December just in the dirt where again I can actually ride. I can also go watch the leaves change or see some sights if I care to. Ice racing this year should be pretty fun and that's going to cover January to March provided it's cold enough.

Street riding on a sports bike it really is useless but with a more sport touring bike it can be a lot of fun. It really depends on what you are into at this point of your life.

I keep eyeing more upright bikes but I'm still in love with the looks of my street ride. Just can't pull the pin on getting a ST-bike but considering buying one next season while keeping the gsxr and see if it gets phased out.

Zero interest riding on the street now. I spend enough time at the track during the summer that when I'm not riding I'm wrenching, if I'm not wrenching I'm doing housework or it's family time. Riding for the sake of burning fuel lost its appeal. Also the insurance money can be used to pay for tires for A weekend lol.
this. I sold my street ride in 2010 when I got into racing. got another one in 2013 and only rode it a handful of times because I just wasn't interested. sold again.

It helps to have plenty of bikes. I have 2 gsxr's plated and also use on track. An old zx 600 for long comfy rides and a klx 250 supermoto for urban bashing.

riding a SS bike on the street, is like dating a hot chick that can't F#ck

I still do the occassional blitz somewhere quiet and out of the way. But for the most part, I have come to relish the high-but-not-too-high speed cruise that avoids HTA 172 but gives me nice, smooth and enjoyable trips with the occasional decent lean. Track days and racing are where I bring my aggression out.
Now your only dilemma is "which beautiful bike should I ride today?" ??

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom