Track, Street or both | GTAMotorcycle.com

Track, Street or both

CuzIcan

How do you guys with street bikes transition from performance riding on the track to street riding. Following 6 1/2 days (it rained for 1/2 a day) of fun filed track riding this season I'm experiencing a hard time finding the love for the road.

I don't that's why I'm getting off the street. The insurance money would be better spent else where too

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Its like going from having dial-up all of your life to good broadband. You never really go back, but you ride each for different reasons. You ride track for the thrill and you ride street to enjoy just you and the machine. The nice part is the track becomes an outlet for outright speed, and keeps the street riding a bit more relaxed.

Other than that, we go to the gap once a year, it keeps street riding entertaining.

As much i love the track i can't give up the street riding is still fun regardless, so for me it is BOTH!!;-)

I enjoy both for different reasons. Even though I don't ride on the roads as much as I used to, I don't think I will ever give it up completely.

Same. I will continue to do both.

I don't ride a sportbike for the streets for fear that I will ride like it's a track. I think sportbike for track and cruiser/adventure/dualsport for street is ideal.

Ever since i've been doing track days this year, I find myself not riding as much on the street. It's alot less fulfilling for me, although I don't think I would ever give it up completely. That said, street riding is alot more toned down these days. Definitely more on the relaxed side of things. :)

I'm actually riding more aggressive on the street now. Riding a ss slow sucks. Wish I had the money for a dedicated track bike and a supermoto for street

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

A few years ago I went to a sport touring bike on the street, big and comfy. Saves the SS for the track and no more going back and forth

Last edited:
How do you guys with street bikes transition from performance riding on the track to street riding. Following 6 1/2 days (it rained for 1/2 a day) of fun filed track riding this season I'm experiencing a hard time finding the love for the road.
I learned to slow down on the street and enjoy other aspects of riding that are not just going full throttle all the time. Racing made me realize that if you think you are a good rider, you are actually not and that Riding fast on the street really sucks.

I could never not do street riding but couldn't never stop doing track.

I still do the occassional blitz somewhere quiet and out of the way. But for the most part, I have come to relish the high-but-not-too-high speed cruise that avoids HTA 172 but gives me nice, smooth and enjoyable trips with the occasional decent lean. Track days and racing are where I bring my aggression out.

I still do the occassional blitz somewhere quiet and out of the way. But for the most part, I have come to relish the high-but-not-too-high speed cruise that avoids HTA 172 but gives me nice, smooth and enjoyable trips with the occasional decent lean. Track days and racing are where I bring my aggression out.

That's pretty much most of the track riders I know, including me, bang on the money. No problems just noodling around town or on the highways etc, but some back road twisties are just a wee bit enticing...

油井緋色;2349450 said:
I don't that's why I'm getting off the street.

Pinecones will cease to cower in terror!!
:lmao:

I thought I would miss street riding a lot after giving it up to go racing. I haven't really. Borrowed a friends gixxer 1000 to go to a meet and it felt ridiculous riding it barely using any of the available performance.

I think my days of riding SS on the street are over. When I get another street bike it would be something more comfy that I can do longer trips on.

I still enjoy doing 800km+ daytrips on my streetbike. I'll never give up street and enjoy both the fun twisties away from people and even simple commutes.

Zero interest riding on the street now. I spend enough time at the track during the summer that when I'm not riding I'm wrenching, if I'm not wrenching I'm doing housework or it's family time. Riding for the sake of burning fuel lost its appeal. Also the insurance money can be used to pay for tires for A weekend lol.

It's a long season break, not riding from Oct to May would drive me nuts.

As other have mentioned, riding something like a sports touring bike on the streets makes a world of difference, compared to riding a torture rack which makes no sense on our ****** roads.

Back
Top Bottom