insightful comment by a cager | GTAMotorcycle.com

insightful comment by a cager

suzuki2000

My son, who got his license this past summer called me to tell me about the wonderful driver he met today. While on his way home from school, this lady drove him off the road, trying to pass him and having no room because of oncoming traffic she forces into his lane and then was forced to make a stop before careening into the car in front of both of them. He was lucky and didn't panic, just used the skill he has been learning and developing. He ends up beside her gives her a WTF??

So she explained herself to him as follows: You need to yield to me. I am in a car, you are on a bike.

Makes me feel a little more sad for the world...

Wow - Fantastic - Just wow

You need to yield to me. I am in a car, you are on a bike.

This is a very scary mentality. It was like this when I was touring in Vietnam. Buses going in the opposite direction would cross into my lane to pass cars on a 2 lane road. I would have to go on the shoulder or be killed. Always be on your toes when you are out there. I am glad your son was unharmed.

Last edited:
So she explained herself to him as follows: You need to yield to me. I am in a car, you are on a bike.

Right of weight

Had a middle aged "lady" do her best to hit me head on once while riding down a downtown side street,after i got her stopped (while she was dialing 911) she explained to me with an almost reasonable voice that she thought i was going the wrong way down a one way street.
The best that i can figure she thought that i was in the wrong so it was her duty to kill me.

Last edited:
I hope he was able to get her plate number and report her to the police. This silly piece of a waste of a name is downright scary. Its OK that I kill you because i'm bigger.

After a lady tried to pass me on hwy 12 doing 95 km/h with her kids in the car, was my last year riding street.

Just to add to it, she was driving on the gravel shoulder of the road for the pass in her minivan.

Had a woman pass me on the left while I was in the left lane of the 404. So she was mostly on the shoulder. Laid on the horn at her. She took the off ramp and I followed....right to a parking lot. She was intimidated enough to threaten to call 911 on her cell. I said go for it, you need a lesson. The operator listened to her and then wanted to talk to me. I explained and the operator said to hand the cell back and she would have a word with the woman driver. lol

Wear a camera on your helmet. Get this stuff on "tape" (er, SD card) and follow up with the police. If we ever want change it's not going to come from us kicking doors and breaking mirrors off in fits of anger. A police cruiser arriving at an offender house and an interview with a cop is far more likely to make a lasting impression.

And BTW, a camera is likely to help moderate your own riding since video used as evidence of wrong-doing on someone else's part could also contain, say, inciminating speedo shots of you entering the highway at 160kph...

YMMV.

+1 on the previous post. Wear a camera all the time ... if nothing else you can record these morons doing dumb s***.

+1 on the previous post. Wear a camera all the time ... if nothing else you can record these morons doing dumb s***.
I do that almost every ride now...I figure if I'm not around after the accident, HOPEFULLY THE TRUE ACCOUNT OF THE ACCIDENT COMES OUT.

I do that almost every ride now...I figure if I'm not around after the accident, HOPEFULLY THE TRUE ACCOUNT OF THE ACCIDENT COMES OUT.
They'll just see that you were going 10 over and put the entirety of the blame and you for speeding since you won't be around to defend yourself.

Right of weight
Well played.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

I was in a parking lot the other day watching a lady talking on her cellphone wile backing up her minivan almost side swiping the car beside her. I yelled out "DO YOU DRINK AND DRIVE TOO?" After she parked she came over and said it's ok to talk on the phone while you're in a parking lot. and she had to answer the phone it was her brother in Syria. She also told me you don't have to wear seat belts in a parking lots either. I said are you crazy blah blah blah. Drove away and all I could do was shake my head.

Technically you don't have to wear seatbelts and can talk on phone if it is a truly private parking lot. Don't believe the highway traffic act can be applied. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Now whether it is a good idea that is another discussion.

Technically you don't have to wear seatbelts and can talk on phone if it is a truly private parking lot. Don't believe the highway traffic act can be applied. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Now whether it is a good idea that is another discussion.
Don't have to stop at stop signs, either.
Unfortunately, too many people continue those habits out to the public road.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

You need to yield to me. I am in a car, you are on a bike.

Makes me feel a little more sad for the world...

What a dumb bimbo, that would be like me saying "YOU, need to yield, bend over and take a dicking. I am a man you're a woman."

What a dumb bimbo, that would be like me saying "YOU, need to yield, bend over and take a dicking. I am a man you're a woman."
or something completely not like that at all lol, A for effort

Back
Top Bottom