Puncture.. a bloody clothes-hanger? Fixable or replace? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Puncture.. a bloody clothes-hanger? Fixable or replace?

MSRP

Should I fix or replace?

This rear Pilot Sport Radial has done ~12,000kms, holds air, and still has 5/32" tread left.

rWgY6Ax.jpg

Ih79dld.jpg

GpTl8UB.jpg

Last edited:
It's not really a question after 12k.New tire.

If it did not actually penetrate through Id still use it on the street, Ive had a much bigger nail in the same spot that didn't leak. Yours is so far off the to the edge I wouldnt even worry about it

Get rid of it...wondered about switching my tires before a track day but didnt have time. One crash later I had my answer!!!

I am pretty scabby and I fix my tires with those "ropes" without a second thought, but that I would replace.

Fix it, you still have another 8k out of those tires

I would try to pull it out and see if it's leaking .

Or if it's holding air - swing by - I'll have a look for you ,

Mushroom
Patches have always been super reliable

Is that a double puncture, in the tread and out the sidewall? I'm not against plugs but that has me worried.

For starters pull it out and see what soapy water shows.

I'll live with all kinds of crap tires on a car. On a bike I wouldn't repair any sidewall damage. Especially on a 12k tire.

On a tire with 12k....no expert here but I'd replace it. If it was less than 5k let's say, I'd consider keeping it.

Any damage to the sidewall is considered irrepairable. You can clearly see in the first pic where the wire has come out the side. Scrap, no question!

Any damage to the sidewall is considered irrepairable. You can clearly see in the first pic where the wire has come out the side. Scrap, no question!
+1 on this you "may" be able to repair it yourself, but your not going to find a "reputable" shop who will take on the liability of repairing that tire for you.

Back
Top Bottom