Why do group rides bring out so many morons? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why do group rides bring out so many morons?

Thanks Iceman. That is what I was getting at. Rather than put fellow riders, myself, and anyone else at risk, I'll stick with a small group, or be a lone wolf.
Hey, Griff -- no ice cream for you.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

How would you, riding responsibly, be putting anyone at risk unless you were riding beyond your capabilities? How does one ride beyond their capabilities if riding reasonably within legal limits and prudence?

Are you seriously picking on Joe now

How would you, riding responsibly, be putting anyone at risk unless you were riding beyond your capabilities? How does one ride beyond their capabilities if riding reasonably within legal limits and prudence?
I really don't think it's that difficult to understand. If I feel like slowing down, leaving more space, etc. and I'm on my own, or with one more rider, it's all good. But in a group, I don't think it would be okay. And I don't do twisties very fast, I like to cruise, I wouldn't want to intefere with others' rides.

Any good rider would understand that you can truly enjoy yourself riding at 10 or 20 above the speed limit, if you keep constant speed on straights and continue to maintain the same speed on turns you can have some good fun and still be within the reasonable speed limits, but you actually have to work on your abilities and not just spend your time on GTAM ******** on others.

I really don't think it's that difficult to understand. If I feel like slowing down, leaving more space, etc. and I'm on my own, or with one more rider, it's all good. But in a group, I don't think it would be okay. And I don't do twisties very fast, I like to cruise, I wouldn't want to intefere with others' rides.

I am with you Joe. Love riding on my own. Do what I like when and where. No meeting places. Chose when I want to stop and go etc. No hassles.
Tried riding with others. A few group rides. I ride for the freedom, fast, slow. Always my choice. Happy, Happy, Happy. Winner.

Any good rider would understand that you can truly enjoy yourself riding at 10 or 20 above the speed limit, if you keep constant speed on straights and continue to maintain the same speed on turns you can have some good fun and still be within the reasonable speed limits, but you actually have to work on your abilities and not just spend your time on GTAM ******** on others.

This for the most part. I think one benefit of starting on a 250 and keeping it a few years is you couldn't brake for corners if you wanted to maintain speed.

Griff you seem to base your references to group rides on some "misleading" media reports calling 2 - 5 bikes a "group ride", as well as the many video on youtube of crap happening, (albeit to primarily sportbikes), on group rides.

So this mornign on the drive in I was listening to reports about the new Iphone going on sale today. They talked about two stories one from the US and one from Toronto where the buyers of these phones will be taping and posting videos of them destroyign or trying to destroy the brand new phones. So based upon these two videos can we now emphatically state that all millenial Iphone owners are destructive little brats???

That would be as ludicrous as the question you have proposed in this thread.

Griff you seem to base your references to group rides on some "misleading" media reports calling 2 - 5 bikes a "group ride", as well as the many video on youtube of crap happening, (albeit to primarily sportbikes), on group rides.

So this mornign on the drive in I was listening to reports about the new Iphone going on sale today. They talked about two stories one from the US and one from Toronto where the buyers of these phones will be taping and posting videos of them destroyign or trying to destroy the brand new phones. So based upon these two videos can we now emphatically state that all millenial Iphone owners are destructive little brats???

That would be as ludicrous as the question you have proposed in this thread.

Bad analogy. The cell phone thing is testing in an environment where no laws are broken and nobody is potentially endangered. Some of those hooligan rides are another thing altogether.

To me two riders are riders riding together. Three or more marks the start of a group ride. Those "misleading media reports" you speak of were referring to rides that also included rides of more than 3, more than 5.

Other sources come from reports about group rides made right here on this forum. The various River Road mayhem rides with multiple riders down in separate incidents on the same day. Stories about going off on Southwood. Same on the Forks, or Ridge Road, or Twin Rivers. Almost without fail groups big or small of sportbikers out on "spirited" rides. You rarely hear about the same kind of reckless or hooligan rides involving the cruiser community.

The frequency of such media reports is another thing. How many times now have we heard just in the past very few weeks about riders taking off after a collision has left one of them or another non-rider injured on the ground. Rosedale Valley Rd. Airport Rd in Brampton. Windsor. Parkside Rd. QEW at Jordan Harbor. 401 near Bathurst. Roncesvales.

There is a serious problem in a segment of the motorcycling community that is causing unnecessary death and injury to many, and blackening the image of those who do ride responsibly. These kinds of riders and their group rides should be called out for their idiocy the same way that the ricer crowds were called out in the Toronto Fast & Furious street racing heyday.

This.
One could go on and on about ****** car drivers, but there's just so many, it's overwhelming.
I saw a few dozen retards driving today. I'm not even sure how some of them survived to adulthood.
But then that's every day for every person that gets on the road in the GTA.
You just give up and try to stay alive.

It isn't about sports riders, it's about people. You as an example, seem to have a real deep dislike for motorcycle riders (i gather from all your posts) but yet

insist in hanging around a motorcycle forum, now I know what your response is going to be, you are going to say that you don't dislike motorcycle riders but just the bad ones which is BS.

People are self centered and selfish, it is all about themselves, this is motorcycle riders, truck drivers and soccer moms, it is just todays culture, so spare us your BS self righteous attitude about riders and maybe join a PIG forum, I am sure you will find others with your same sentiments

I used to host rides, many times I stayed behind to help people, I am friend with riders that have not only stayed at the scene of the accident but have gone out of their way to help those hurt riders after wards - Like Cops, there are bad riders and there are good ones.

Only reason I no longer host motorcycle group rides is because of this trend of people bringing gopro cameras and then posting the ride on youtube, when I did host rides or participated on them, 99% of people were awesome, but there was always the one or two ****** bags, there were also a lot of BAD riders with no skill whatsoever so now I am staying away.

lol where you not permitted to advance through high school?

This is far too typical.

Of the people hear protesting that they always stop when fellow members in their group rides crash, think about that for a moment. You always stop? Always? Crashes happen so often on your group rides that you ALWAYS stop? That in itself displays a problem with certain kinds of group rides.

this thread is the reason i only group ride with ppl i know well.

This thread is prof that idiots are a small percentage of the general population
this thread is the reason i only group ride with ppl i know well.

No it is an appropriate analogy. It is drawing a conclusion which is not supported by facts.

In any of the reports, did it attribute the collision directly to the riders behaviour? A media report simply stating that police believe speed was a factor is not a factual finding. Speeding being a factor could mean the rider was doing 5 km/h over the limit or it could mean 60 KM/h over.

In none of the reports did I see a mention that charges have been laid against the rider, so again there is no facts to substantiate the rider was doing anything illegal, Simply riding is no more illegal than cell phone testing is.

As for other riders not stopping to help, that too is not illegal, (unless their vehicle was DIRECTLY involved in the collision). It may not be morally or ethically acceptable to you, but not illegal.

I will agree with one minor point in your rants, those who post about "spirited rides" are certainly not advancing the sport of riding, but then there are those who post about illegal activities all the time, not just sport bike riders.

Bad analogy. The cell phone thing is testing in an environment where no laws are broken and nobody is potentially endangered. Some of those hooligan rides are another thing altogether.

To me two riders are riders riding together. Three or more marks the start of a group ride. Those "misleading media reports" you speak of were referring to rides that also included rides of more than 3, more than 5.

Other sources come from reports about group rides made right here on this forum. The various River Road mayhem rides with multiple riders down in separate incidents on the same day. Stories about going off on Southwood. Same on the Forks, or Ridge Road, or Twin Rivers. Almost without fail groups big or small of sportbikers out on "spirited" rides. You rarely hear about the same kind of reckless or hooligan rides involving the cruiser community.

The frequency of such media reports is another thing. How many times now have we heard just in the past very few weeks about riders taking off after a collision has left one of them or another non-rider injured on the ground. Rosedale Valley Rd. Airport Rd in Brampton. Windsor. Parkside Rd. QEW at Jordan Harbor. 401 near Bathurst. Roncesvales.

There is a serious problem in a segment of the motorcycling community that is causing unnecessary death and injury to many, and blackening the image of those who do ride responsibly. These kinds of riders and their group rides should be called out for their idiocy the same way that the ricer crowds were called out in the Toronto Fast & Furious street racing heyday.

I second this... Seriously, wtf.

I have no words.....

picard-facepalm.jpg

No it is an appropriate analogy. It is drawing a conclusion which is not supported by facts.

In any of the reports, did it attribute the collision directly to the riders behaviour? A media report simply stating that police believe speed was a factor is not a factual finding. Speeding being a factor could mean the rider was doing 5 km/h over the limit or it could mean 60 KM/h over.

In none of the reports did I see a mention that charges have been laid against the rider, so again there is no facts to substantiate the rider was doing anything illegal, Simply riding is no more illegal than cell phone testing is.

As for other riders not stopping to help, that too is not illegal, (unless their vehicle was DIRECTLY involved in the collision). It may not be morally or ethically acceptable to you, but not illegal.

I will agree with one minor point in your rants, those who post about "spirited rides" are certainly not advancing the sport of riding, but then there are those who post about illegal activities all the time, not just sport bike riders.

Dangerous driving charges were laid in connection with the QEW crash, directly attributable to observed riders' behaviour. Stunt driving and careless driving charges were laid against riders in the 401 group, again directly attributable to observed riders' behaviour. The Rosedale Valley Drive guy is dead and the other one fled, so no charges there but the dead rider would have faces charges had he survived for a variety of offences. Windsor was the result of a group of speeding riders fleeing police.

Simply riding is not illegal and shouldn't bed, but be honest - you know that many of those "spirited" group rides are anything but legal.

I second this... Seriously, wtf.

I have no words.....

picard-facepalm.jpg
Thanks guys.

A few more things:
Hedo, I don't think 'spirited' ride is so bad. I read that as 'a little faster when appropriate-ish'. Like @zx600 has said many times before- a time and place. Not like the idiot on his grom last night doing a wheelie in front of my kid's school during curriculum night. That
$#!+ I have no patience for.
Also, I have never ridden dirt, but I would imagine that that is one situation in where I would want to participate in a group ride.
That is all.

Dangerous driving charges were laid in connection with the QEW crash, directly attributable to observed riders' behaviour. Stunt driving and careless driving charges were laid against riders in the 401 group, again directly attributable to observed riders' behaviour. The Rosedale Valley Drive guy is dead and the other one fled, so no charges there but the dead rider would have faces charges had he survived for a variety of offences. Windsor was the result of a group of speeding riders fleeing police.

Simply riding is not illegal and shouldn't bed, but be honest - you know that many of those "spirited" group rides are anything but legal.

If the Windsor case were a bunch of speeding riders fleeing then one would expect to see charges, but if you look closely, the SIU was called in BUt there is no confirmation that a police pursuit was initiated. Just because a group of guys speed away from an area where police happen to be doesn't equal flee police, (the riders may not have even known the officer was there).

The Rosedale Valley road initial reports made no mention of a second bike, it was only later reports contained that there may have been another bike in the area, (doesn't mean they were riding together or even knew of each other, I have many other bikes approach me on a road and we may even be close to one another while riding doesn't mean I know them, nor am I "riding with them"). You use the term the other rider "fled" again if the second rider didn't even know the first rider then he likely just continued along his way, that isn't fleeing. Not sure why you choose to include this incident as you were initially asking about GROUP rides, even If the two bikes were together that isn't a GROUP ride. Your correct the deceased rider would have faced HTA charges, (Operating on a M1 more than 30 minutes before sunset, and carrying a passenger with an M1).

Re: Why are non-sport bike riders so Holier than Thou? ;)

Griff are you telling me that you have never, ever, ever, gone even 1km, 5km, 10km over the speed limit? If so you are now in a position where "speed may have been a factor" and have been breaking the law (being solo doesn't make it any less illegal). Have you never, ever, ever, gone faster through a corner than what that little yellow cautionary sign said? If so than you were just riding " spiritedly" which in your own words:
you know that many of those "spirited" group rides are anything but legal.
is any thing but legal. (being solo doesn't make it any less spirited)

I have my own views of racing/stunting/riding spiritedly on public roads and believe there is a time and place for everything.

[video=youtube;cY38-BFSsvM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY38-BFSsvM[/video]

Oh ****... whats that??? a non-sport bike rider riding on the sidewalk? a non-sportbike crashing in to a light pole? Whats with non- sport bike riders being morons?

Re: Why are non-sport bike riders so Holier than Thou? ;)

What's with all this hating on the Mormons?

If you don't want to ride with the Jesus-people, go find some other people to ride with...

Back
Top Bottom