Why do group rides bring out so many morons? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why do group rides bring out so many morons?

Sorry, I don't understand this. Track days then are for times? So you race yourself? If I'm reading that correct. I assumed you were racing the others not merely riding with them.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk
A track day has various purposes, which none of them is racing against another track day rider:

- Improve Riding Skill
- Improve a lap time, meaning you are competing against a previous lap you or someone else posted but you are not actually phisically racing someone else one on one.
- Have fun testing your machines capabilities... and a few others.

During a race you might take the wrong line in order to pass a competitor, you should never do that at a track day as everyone depends on people's consistency for safery.
During a race you might stand up a competitor in order to take their position (if done properly), during a track day you should NEVER do that.
During a race you win if you cross the line first at the end of the set amount of laps, during a track day you win nothing, just good times.

So no, during a track day you are not racing against other participants, you are just riding against yourself.

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

So if you want to ride fast but not on the street then a track day is still an option. The Brantford formation flyer shouldna said "race" opened up a can-0-worms.

Ok. Why do so many sportbike group rides attract so many dirtbags who would abandon someone laying hurt on the road or in the ditch? What is it about sportbikes and dirtbags? Or is this the unwritten code of sportbike rider "camaraderie", abandon and run and to hell with the ones left behind?

http://m.insidehalton.com/news-stor...ists-believed-to-have-witnessed-serious-crash

Same like why so many groups of cops are arse holes. Similar mentality of group behaviour tarnishes it for everyone.
I see a lot of idiot drivers/riders. A lot of them are civilians, a lot are cops. A lot drive taxis, buses, school buses, motorcycle's and pickup trucks. Some are young and some are old, female or male they're still morons all told.

Back
Top Bottom