Why do group rides bring out so many morons? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why do group rides bring out so many morons?

Group rides have motorcyclists not Morons.

Please do not insult Morons, they are smarter than that.

Most experienced riders....................."i used to do group rides"...

Group rides have motorcyclists not Morons.

Please do not insult Morons, they are smarter than that.

Ok. Why do so many sportbike group rides attract so many dirtbags who would abandon someone laying hurt on the road or in the ditch? What is it about sportbikes and dirtbags? Or is this the unwritten code of sportbike rider "camaraderie", abandon and run and to hell with the ones left behind?

http://m.insidehalton.com/news-stor...ists-believed-to-have-witnessed-serious-crash

Do we have a statistical proof of this moron ratio on group rides? Because there are just as many solo morons that crash and/or get arrested for idiotic things.

Many good, experienced riders form groups. They generally prefer riding with people who respect the road and fellow human beings.

There are groups who won't tolerate idiots, and there are others who don't care and end up with most of the idiots. The former groups, you don't hear much about. The latter, you do ...

There are groups who won't tolerate idiots, and there are others who don't care and end up with most of the idiots. The former groups, you don't hear much about. The latter, you do ...

Enough said.

Ok. Why do so many sportbike group rides attract so many dirtbags who would abandon someone laying hurt on the road or in the ditch? What is it about sportbikes and dirtbags? Or is this the unwritten code of sportbike rider "camaraderie", abandon and run and to hell with the ones left behind?

http://m.insidehalton.com/news-stor...ists-believed-to-have-witnessed-serious-crash

Didn't Scarborough rides contain many sportbikes, and have many crashes? I believe that they used to stop and wait for the injured,
so it seems to be more a case of individual morality, or a general attitude shift, rather than just a subset, such as sportbike riders.

Didn't Scarborough rides contain many sportbikes, and have many crashes? I believe that they used to stop and wait for the injured,
so it seems to be more a case of individual morality, or a general attitude shift, rather than just a subset, such as sportbike riders.

There have been three crashes in the last 10 days involving two bikes down and other bikes leaving the scene. The optics of that many incidents in so few days are not good. Nor are the optics of so many ******-riders riding ******-style through GTA traffic on a regular basis.

When the number of riders is so small a subset of the overall vehicle count on our streets and highways, the frequent ******-rider sightings do paint the entire rider population in a bad light.

The only group rides I typically participate in are dirt orientated, and so far have had no bad experiences. People never seem to have an issue pulling someone out of the mud or helping to wake up a napping bike -- probably a pay-it-forward thing hoping they will have someone help them when they lay their bike down.

The only rule I bother to lay out if I am leading a ride is: if you lose sight of the person behind you, stop and wait, especially if making a turn. If they don't show, back track and find them. As long as everyone follows this rule no one will get left behind because eventually the ride leader will have no one behind him.

The only time the group I'm part of had a guy go down... We all went to the hospital with him. Stayed for hours and made sure his family knew. It was his first time riding with us as well. Not all groups with sportbike riders are bad. Check out TTSR on meetup.com. No nonsense, all friends, good times, all different types of rides. Trips to Moto GP in indy, deals gap, local sight seeing, ice cream runs, short rides, long rides, noobie rides, experienced riders only rides.... Huge group, 200+ and about 80 to 100 regulars who come to a ton of events. We have winter gatherings as well to catch up and celebrate the holidays. Bar/club nights too!

It isn't about sports riders, it's about people. You as an example, seem to have a real deep dislike for motorcycle riders (i gather from all your posts) but yet insist in hanging around a motorcycle forum, now I know what your response is going to be, you are going to say that you don't dislike motorcycle riders but just the bad ones which is BS.

People are self centered and selfish, it is all about themselves, this is motorcycle riders, truck drivers and soccer moms, it is just todays culture, so spare us your BS self righteous attitude about riders and maybe join a PIG forum, I am sure you will find others with your same sentiments

I used to host rides, many times I stayed behind to help people, I am friend with riders that have not only stayed at the scene of the accident but have gone out of their way to help those hurt riders after wards - Like Cops, there are bad riders and there are good ones.

Only reason I no longer host motorcycle group rides is because of this trend of people bringing gopro cameras and then posting the ride on youtube, when I did host rides or participated on them, 99% of people were awesome, but there was always the one or two ****** bags, there were also a lot of BAD riders with no skill whatsoever so now I am staying away.

Last edited:
I saw a group of SS riders heading up the Bayview extension coming home from the game last night. I was expecting them to hammer it after the Rosedale Valley Road light. The road does beckon there and its easy to open 'er up.
But they were just booting around, having fun and enjoying the ride. I followed them up Pottery road and they never made one aggressive manouvre. Nice to see.

Back
Top Bottom