Friday Oct 9 Gravel Rip -- Big bike friendly. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Friday Oct 9 Gravel Rip -- Big bike friendly.

Yeah, sorry - I didn't have anyone's contact info to call or text.

I have more than one bike but the other one is even fatter. I think I need 3 bikes now.

Heads up if you were actually trying to meet up with us. We thought you still wanted to come but I guess you couldn't.

The trail attacks are better than most people realize especially if aired down a bit but be careful with mud as they don't clear it out well at all and become slicks very quickly.

The trail attacks are surprisingly good and I cant get Kenda K775s for my 1190 like I run on the KLX and CRF ;)

The trail attacks are better than most people realize especially if aired down a bit but be careful with mud as they don't clear it out well at all and become slicks very quickly.

Yea they are pretty sketchy on Mud, but no real issues on gravel. I'm still blown away by how much the 1190 can transform.

Offroad Mode for sketchy roads and rail trail, then sport mode for pavement.... Completely different animals. Glad I went with the 1190 over the R1200GSA.

Surprisingly nimble for a large bike. All I can say is that I got home and wasn't beaten to ****..... Unlike riding the 690 Enduro.

I will gladly give up off-road capability for the **massive** increase in on-road comfort.

Can ride 5-8 hours without any issues now... Hurray.

So do any of you want to ride gravel / trails on Monday?

So do any of you want to ride gravel / trails on Monday?

I'd love to, but can't... family thing going on.

Meh - I'm not in the mood for sand...I've done some tuning to my suspension and changed my rear sprocket so I want to ride the same trails I did earlier this week to compare while things are still somewhat fresh in my mind...

Going to ganny on Monday

sent from a device using a program

Will probably be mostly single track and double riding the dirtbike

sent from a device using a program

As I said, I've done a few tweaks to my suspension so I don't mind doing the same run again - maybe you'll meet me in hockley and go the whole routes both ways instead of just the return from Creemore. The other options could be some of the Bethany ride aggressive tracks...

dont bother washing the bike - it looked awesome with mud everywhere. Post some pictures from that ride.

I'm in for Monday. Where we going?

As I said, I've done a few tweaks to my suspension so I don't mind doing the same run again - maybe you'll meet me in hockley and go the whole routes both ways instead of just the return from Creemore. The other options could be some of the Bethany ride aggressive tracks...

dont bother washing the bike - it looked awesome with mud everywhere. Post some pictures from that ride.
I can start riding from Scarborough at 9 am. I am up for whatever, anyone else coming?

Reqruit some guys to join. The weather should be perfect and I'll need the exercise following Sunday thanksgiving deep fried turkey dinner.

I can start riding from Scarborough at 9 am. I am up for whatever, anyone else coming?

8f3e0381764197daf3d0b26a4099226e.jpg

Tree blocking our way.

7ccb14150a809eab6dfb4cec77482ad2.jpg

Alon and Torsten were great at helping me getting through the obstacles.

2a0522b777bd48331f3c08072775135e.jpg

Our own steep downhill.

What sort of speed do you go along gravel roads?

I find myself going around 40 kph or so.

What sort of speed do you go along gravel roads?

I find myself going around 40 kph or so.

Depends on conditions, 20-80km/h. I've seen 160 briefly on a fast gravel fire road, but that was by no means normal. Nor was it my bike :D

Back
Top Bottom