Friday Oct 9 Gravel Rip -- Big bike friendly. | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Friday Oct 9 Gravel Rip -- Big bike friendly.

Here's a video of some of the ride Alon took me through in Creemore.

[video=youtube;arbUf1iG5CI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arbUf1iG5CI[/video]

Last edited:
Thanks Nam - I especially love how you added that replay of me plopping over in the mud :)

There's still plenty of time left in the season for more riding. Next time you should ride the first half of the day with us - less mud (sort of) and more hills and rocks :) and if you're feeling up for it, we can take you into the forest for some tight single track riding - all first and second gears and lots of clutch feathering...

Here's a video of some of the ride Alon took me through in Creemore.

[video=youtube;su_jOXtVKlQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su_jOXtVKlQ&index=1&list=PLz6RpOAdEZiDeeDf 2_HVFLEvwNdJgTTWy[/video]

Thanks Nam - I especially love how you added that replay of me plopping over in the mud :)

There's still plenty of time left in the season for more riding. Next time you should ride the first half of the day with us - less mud (sort of) and more hills and rocks :) and if you're feeling up for it, we can take you into the forest for some tight single track riding - all first and second gears and lots of clutch feathering...

I'm glad nobody got me on video with the 1190 going into the trees/shrubs.... :lmao:

Mike: Chase... The trail is over HERE!

and Supernam what is attached to your engine guards? If they are flotation devices, I could have used those too. And good job on the section with the tree roots, ugh those can be slippery as hell.

It looks really good in slow motion with the leg kick.

I am ready for anything including singletrack, how about Monday? I am going backcountry camping 27th to 30th but any weekday is good for me usually.

I'm glad nobody got me on video with the 1190 going into the trees/shrubs.... :lmao:

Mike: Chase... The trail is over HERE!

and Supernam what is attached to your engine guards? If they are flotation devices, I could have used those too. And good job on the section with the tree roots, ugh those can be slippery as hell.

Your 1190 can go anywhere my CB500X can and more. I am just too small to handle one of those offroad, I considered it.

Those 2 are just tool tubes I use for storage, watertight so they can be floatation devices too.

Thanks for the compliment, Alon walked in front of me and I almost thought I would run him over.

It'd be nice to get everyone in this thread on a ride together, seems like all good guys.

I can't ride this coming Monday - I have two meetings and then I'm picking up my new-to-me bike: a KTM 990 SMR and bringing it home but I am planning to do a multi-day ride next wednesday/Thursday/Friday probably in the lake of bays area if anyone wants to join for any parts of it.

in the meantime, for your viewing pleasure: http://gfycat.com/VibrantSkeletalAmphiuma#

choose your resolution and watch - there's nothing like enjoying other people's epic fails.

Your 1190 can go anywhere my CB500X can and more. I am just too small to handle one of those offroad, I considered it.

No way Nam, chase's current tires are not up to snuff for some of the soft stuff you rode through - they would just pack up and turn into slicks in a nano-second but if he is willing to ride with us, I'll let him use a used set of Metzler Karoo 3 tires in the perfect size for the 1190 adv.

No way Nam, chase's current tires are not up to snuff for some of the soft stuff you rode through - they would just pack up and turn into slicks in a nano-second but if he is willing to ride with us, I'll let him use a used set of Metzler Karoo 3 tires in the perfect size for the 1190 adv.

Yea.... my tires would be absolute balls for soft stuff. As it stands the 500X would be substantially better with TKC80's.

A lot comes down to the tire selection... ;)

Thanks for the offer Alon on the Karoo's.... That would definitely be an inconvenience for you though. I would love to run TKC80's on the 1190.... but I have a feeling I would melt them off in under 2500KM.

Last edited:
I can't ride this coming Monday - I have two meetings and then I'm picking up my new-to-me bike: a KTM 990 SMR and bringing it home but I am planning to do a multi-day ride next wednesday/Thursday/Friday probably in the lake of bays area if anyone wants to join for any parts of it.

in the meantime, for your viewing pleasure: http://gfycat.com/VibrantSkeletalAmphiuma#

choose your resolution and watch - there's nothing like enjoying other people's epic fails.
What's the plan? Trailer and have a base camp, then ride around the area or travelling with all your gear to different camping locations?

No inconvenience...

Yea.... my tires would be absolute balls for soft stuff. As it stands the 500X would be substantially better with TKC80's.

A lot comes down to the tire selection... ;)

Thanks for the offer Alon on the Karoo's.... That would definitely be an inconvenience for you though. I would love to run TKC80's on the 1190.... but I have a feeling I would melt them off in under 2500KM.

Bingo - trailer and base camp so we can ride with no gear on the bikes. I have tracks that form giant loops allowing daily rides from the same base camp.

What's the plan? Trailer and have a base camp, then ride around the area or travelling with all your gear to different camping locations?

Back
Top Bottom