Recommended routes in the Barry's Bay area? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recommended routes in the Barry's Bay area?

It was a long haul to the Triple Nickel but ...well ;)

IMG_0076--555-1-0.jpg

Where is this? Care to share your hidden gem of a road? I'm long overdue for some quality twisties!

Last edited:
About 6-7 hours slab away in Ohio

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-23%20at%20Sep%2023%20%20%20%202015%20%20%20%201.36.43%20PM_zps9bgu3rdy.jpg

Loads to choose from ....it's Ohio 555 and while it's not always that good ( it has some gotchas and gravel and hilarious elevation changes ) you will not be bored.

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/440/Ohio/The-Triple-Nickle---Route-555.html

$41 Cdn a night for place only 20 min from 555.

That road keeps you on your toes. You go over a blind hill and all of the sudden you there is a corner right there. Did you hit anything on the wv side?

The rain was to the east so stayed further west....really did not have enough time and was off my feed a bit for reasons unknown. Had a fine mellow ride down to the tip of Maryland and then a half day across to the 555 area just wandering ...lovely roads thanks to TomTom's Winding Roads app.
Lots of blind hills on 555 - I'd want to know the road better to do any speed and I was on a new to me bike as well that is certainly not a twists burner.
I swapped up to a CBF1000 which also will be on the heavy side for doing that kind or road but this has ABS and linked ....the NT700v only had linked.

562 on the NT versus 550 lb wet on the CBF - they basically stuffed a detuned Blade motor into a CBF600 chassis. All reports show it nimble for a litre tourer. Sleeper was the term used...and unlike the NT I can pull the side bags off to keep weight down.

Some nice features like height adjustable seat and windscreen tho the screen on the NT was much easier. They used to make Madstad brackets butno longer :(

I swapped up to a CBF1000 which also will be on the heavy side for doing that kind or road but this has ABS and linked ....the NT700v only had linked.

562 on the NT versus 550 lb wet on the CBF - they basically stuffed a detuned Blade motor into a CBF600 chassis. All reports show it nimble for a litre tourer. Sleeper was the term used...and unlike the NT I can pull the side bags off to keep weight down.

Some nice features like height adjustable seat and windscreen tho the screen on the NT was much easier. They used to make Madstad brackets butno longer :(

The CBF1000 has been on my radar for a while. What year did you get? It seems like a pretty good sport TOURING with heavy emphasis on touring. I ended up going the complete opposite direction and grabbing a Tuono which will be used for SPORT touring.

Back
Top Bottom