Recommended routes in the Barry's Bay area? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recommended routes in the Barry's Bay area?

mimico_polak

Site Supporter
Anybody have some fun/good routes in the Barry's Bay area? We're going up this weekend and trailering the bikes so would like to do a few good runs.

Thanks!

Cant find my map from last fall but these two spots are great for lunch / picture taking / smoke break

https://goo.gl/pdiVbt

Also Charlie D's is a great place to grab a bite. :)

You really want to figure out Furkot.
https://trips.furkot.com/ui

YOu start with say Barry's Bay then show the points of Interest overlay and it shows ALL the populat motorcycle routes in the area and you can click on the descriptions on the side

You can plot and save your own route with those still visible. Each motorcycle icon represents a preconfigured route and then you can go to the full description
http://www.bestbikingroads.com/moto...des-in-canada-/ontario-/hwy-507-_4641531.html

Worth the effort - confusing interface...

Sweet thanks guys. Will look into them and the site you mentioned MD.

Copy and pasted from the sticky in this forum:

Barry's Bay area roads: There are also some nice roads up near Barry's Bay and to the south/east. Some of these roads may be less technical than those previously mentioned, but there is far less traffic up this way and the scenery can be quite breathtaking.
Old Barry's Bay Road - this runs between Barry's Bay and Combermere while staying off the less interesting Hwy 62.
Siberia/Kartuzy Road - This is a road that is called Dunn St in Barry's Bay, and if followed to Siberia Road and then to Kartuzy Road, follows a hilly scenic ride leading to Kamaniskeg Lake Rd. There are some decent curves and little other traffic. Pay attention to making the correct road changes and you will be rewarded with a nice route along a lake.
Opeongo Road - a nice backroad to get from Barry's Bay over to Foymount and the Hwy512
Hwy's #512 and #515 - travels between Combermere and Eganville. Good pavement and scenery with nice curves.
Barry's Bay area route: this is a shorter route including all the Barry's Bay roads mentioned above. There are many other smaller back roads in this area worth exploring.

And don't forget that not too far away in Maynooth is Elephant Lake Rd / Peterson Rd which is a great road too. Anything that is a 500 series hwy is generally good.

+1 ^^^^^^^^^^^

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! Bikes are on the trailer and ready to go. From the looks of it weather should be good!

Man what a fun weekend of riding that was! Doesn't compare to the southern trips you guys like, but we had a blast regardless.

Zero OPP presence, good roads, perfect riding weather, and one very MINOR incident where one of the guys (not me) ran off the road into the driveway of some farmer...at least he kept it up on the wheels. He rode a bit beyond his own abilities...
View attachment 37544
View attachment 37545
View attachment 37546

Shane, thanks for the route and tips, we rode all those roads plus the 517 which was choppy, but had some good stretches.

It was a long haul to the Triple Nickel but ...well ;)

IMG_0076--555-1-0.jpg

tell that to my aging body.... It's too bad the area is about 3 hours too far for a weekend. Even 4 days was not really enough tho I got a couple of decent mellow rides in. New to me bike was not pushing it in the twists - trip was mainly to see how the NT700v was on a multiday trip and how well I fit and suss out the area.

Looking to do something less ambitious this weekend if the weather holds so might take the Vstrom into the area you rode. Any particular high lights

Maybe a bit chilly tho - high of 13 even for Sauga

Looks like the entire east including PA is a write off

http://videowall.accuweather.com/de...ium=accuweather&utm_campaign=awx_videowal_lin

Last edited:
Man what a fun weekend of riding that was! Doesn't compare to the southern trips you guys like, but we had a blast regardless.

Zero OPP presence, good roads, perfect riding weather, and one very MINOR incident where one of the guys (not me) ran off the road into the driveway of some farmer...at least he kept it up on the wheels. He rode a bit beyond his own abilities...
View attachment 37544
View attachment 37545
View attachment 37546

Hey MP did your buddy ride off the 517 trying to negotiate a sharp right after cresting a hill, running down the farm house driveway instead, which is basically straight ahead?

Hey MP did your buddy ride off the 517 trying to negotiate a sharp right after cresting a hill, running down the farm house driveway instead, which is basically straight ahead?

LoL possibly....

Got me last season, took my eyes off the road for a second ended up halfway down the driveway, it's a long driveway, luckily.

Got me last season, took my eyes off the road for a second ended up halfway down the driveway, it's a long driveway, luckily.

Whew I thought you were the farmer! Yes it got him pretty good. I was just glad he kept it on two wheels instead of dumping it. He just took it too fast...simple as that. Thankfully no oncoming traffic or any damage to him, bike, or property. Just a bruised ego.

Back
Top Bottom