End of Sept Big Dog Ride? | GTAMotorcycle.com

End of Sept Big Dog Ride?

What day works best?

• Saturday October 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Motorcycle Mike

October Dualsport/Big Bike Ride?

Edit... make it early October, 3rd or 4th depending on forecast as the date nears.

Is anyone up for a gravel rip this coming <strike>Saturday, September 26?</strike> October 3rd or 4th, depending on weather forecast.

We'd meet at the Shell near Innisfill at 9am: https://goo.gl/maps/Ug3ZNiDu9Gq

It would be a bit of slab, then a lot of gravel, logging roads, maybe some rail trail and double track unmaintained roads. I haven't ridden all of the route, but got it from reliable sources.

Big bike do-able, preferably with somewhat aggressive dual-sport tires unless you are experience and confident running street tires on gravel (may be loose, might be sand).

It would be a long run with few breaks, and long stretches between fuel stops, so if your bike is short range (like a DRZ or KLX), then think about bringing spare fuel (MSR bottle, Rotopax, whatever).

Route looks something like this, post if interested.

ekh3Fpw.png

Last edited:
You mean September 26th I guess?

I'd love to but got a ride that I'm co-leading on Meetup. Next friggin' Saturday that I'm not committed to somethings is October 17th ...

Yep, I guess I was getting ahead of myself.

October 17 and later might be cold... too cold. I've seen snow before Halloween before, although unlikely.

If you are available on Sundays instead, I could shift the date... just waiting to hear from interested riders and what works for them.

I think I am working this weekend, should know by Friday morning, but oct 3-4 would work for me.

Next weekend Oct 3 or 4 would be better for me

sent from a device using a program

That should work fine for me as well, I'll change the date.

I'd be interested in an Oct 04 ride as I'm on the Rally Connex fall colours ride on Oct 03 - which you guys can do on big bikes too, they provide a big bike route which many attend. I'll be doing the aggressive route on my little bike that day.

What are you guys going to be riding? I am willing to ride my CB500X through anything, but just curious. Might take a day off work for this.

Re: October Dualsport/Big Bike Ride?

I'll likely take the drz as I have more fun tearing up the gravel on it. My V-strom could easily handle this route though.. I discovered half of these routes on the V-strom.

Well I should be in.............. Man it's going to be KTM city. Don't worry guys, I have CAA this time ;)

Any idea what day yet? Saturday should be better for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Saturday is looking better last forecast I checked too, so likely Saturday.

Saturday looks sketchy to me weather-wise and that's when the rallyconnex fall colours ride is scheduled for so I'm looking for final decisions on dates from you guys. If it's less than 50% chance of rain this Saturday then I'll likely do this rallyconnex ride and if this ride that you're organizing is any other day, I'll happily join.

I am out for this weekend, busy at work right now and can't take the day off.

Just found out I can only possibly do Sunday

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The weather is still looking iffy for both days... possibly raining and a high of 12.

Does anyone still want Saturday, or does everyone now prefer Sunday?

As stated before... I will go with whatever the majority want and depending on the weather.

Poll added so we can get the day finalized.

but.. but.. I don't even have heated grips on the bike yet!

I hope the Klim jacket i'm picking up at least fits. Otherwise might be a long *** ride.

Sunday is best for me.

Haha - you can borrow my heated grips :)

so so now im not even sure ill be doing the rallyconnex fall colours ride on saturday given the anticipated weather but it's safe to say that if I don't do that ride on Saturday, it will be due to rain so I wouldn't be keen on riding roads either - just not fun. Either way, ill keep an eye on this thread to see where things settle and on which day.

Back
Top Bottom