Rode my first big boy bike today! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rode my first big boy bike today!

mimico_polak

Site Supporter
LoL and what a load of fun that was! Holy crap! Buddy actually let me ride his CBR600RR and I had a blast with it, what a difference from my little commuter 500! LoL Took it up and down the 427 to get a feel as it's not my bike so I can't test/push anything on it.

Ugh...now I need to stop thinking about switching bikes again....thank God it was uncomfortable as hell for the little time I rode on it! But this makes me want to track my bike for some unknown reason....

Second question...CB500F on a track!? Does that even work with a standard bike?!

You can put just about anything on the track. You'll get passed by the "big" bikes on the straights, but depending on the group, if you are good, you catch em in the corners.

LoL and what a load of fun that was! Holy crap! Buddy actually let me ride his CBR600RR and I had a blast with it, what a difference from my little commuter 500! LoL Took it up and down the 427 to get a feel as it's not my bike so I can't test/push anything on it.

Ugh...now I need to stop thinking about switching bikes again....thank God it was uncomfortable as hell for the little time I rode on it! But this makes me want to track my bike for some unknown reason....

Second question...CB500F on a track!? Does that even work with a standard bike?!

Based on your signature and the fact you like naked Honda's, I'll just leave this little gem here:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/...0r/1075951105?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Lol ...."pushing it" on street. I hope hedos does not see your post, or he would give your parents a lesson.....

Loled when thread title is about big bikes but op is taking about 600cc. Try a sv650 that feels more big bike ish with some decent torque low in the revs.

Put am FZ-09 in A mode and tell me if you think a standard is track worthy.......as long as the track doesn't have a super long straight.................stupid limiters

Big boy bike. :rofl:
[video=youtube;gwEOigT2GWM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwEOigT2GWM[/video]
Getting ready to move up to training pants, I see.

Thought, you'd taken a real bike, like a Wing for a spin.

Congrats Mimico, some of us here still remember what a rush it was the first time we rode a ss, even if it was "only" a 600.
Quite a difference eh? :D

I started on a 600, don't know what that feels like

I just got my new bike plated and rode it for the first time today too. Went from a CBR125 to a Street Triple R. Felt amazing, like shifting was completely optional.

Wait until you try a litre bike.

Know anyone willing to provide a test ride without full cash in hand??

thanks guys I know it's a 'baby' bike to some of you but hell of a lot of fun for me. Just goes to show how many different flavours are out there and we should test out anything we can when we get a chance....should've taken that Busa for a spin when I had the chance...dammit!

thanks guys I know it's a 'baby' bike to some of you but hell of a lot of fun for me. Just goes to show how many different flavours are out there and we should test out anything we can when we get a chance....should've taken that Busa for a spin when I had the chance...dammit!

Going around testing these bigger/faster bikes is going to do some big damage to your wallet!

I have a 250 and don't even wanna sit on a supersport to test ride.. I know i'll be thinking about it every day. Better to keep it a mystery :)

You have your M yet? Go on a dealer test ride.

That's where I learned that I didn't want a Goldwing.

I might get a 300 next, they're a bunch of fun.

Its all fun until you realise you risk your license taken away everytime you redline it.

Thats why banging all thro all gear in redline zone on a small cc is more fun.

Nice.. Now imagine riding a litre bike or a hyper sport like a hayabusa or k1300s..
Very hard to come down to something else

Back
Top Bottom