VW deisel?? wtf... | Page 21 | GTAMotorcycle.com

VW deisel?? wtf...

diesels are done, only matter of time before diesel vehicles are banned entirely. Not sure why its taking so long.

No matter how hard they try, they can't be made "clean"

Just add a $1 per litre "carbon tax" to diesel fuel and of course simply put those tax dollars into the "general fund" because carbon taxes are nothing more than just "taxes". That'll solve the problem.

Hilariously enough, the European shift to diesel came about because of it's efficiency, and in recent years it's "lower carbon footprint" was often used as a selling point. Oops....

As I said a year ago in this thread, VW's the only one they've caught, so far. Saying it was just them cheating is like saying there's only one liar at Queen's Park.

So will Chrysler be buying back your Dodge Ram now?

I still can't believe they haven't hauled BMW over the coals over their diesel X*s yet.
You were wrong then, and you're still wrong so far.

What FCA is reported in that story to have done is equivalent to exiting Walmart without showing the greeter their receipts (assuming it was a requirement of Walmart). Now Walmart is going through all their purchases and receipts to see if they stole anything. What VW did was show forged receipts as they left with buggies full of unpaid stuff.

What FCA is reported in that story to have done is equivalent to exiting Walmart without showing the greeter their receipts (assuming it was a requirement of Walmart). .

You're wrong about Walmart too, its Costco that does this.....

What FCA is reported in that story to have done is equivalent to exiting Walmart without showing the greeter their receipts (assuming it was a requirement of Walmart). Now Walmart is going through all their purchases and receipts to see if they stole anything. What VW did was show forged receipts as they left with buggies full of unpaid stuff.

Sorry, but has to be the worst analogy I have ever heard of.

LMAO. Why would they"fail to disclose" their software if there wasn't a nefarious reason for installing it in the first place?

[FONT=&quot]“Once again, a major automaker made the business decision to skirt the rules and got caught,” said Mary Nichols, chairman of CARB. "We are and the EPA made a commitment to enhanced testing as the Volkswagen case developed, and this is a result of that collaboration.”[/FONT]

I'll throw an old saying back at you. It's much more concise and to the point than the bizarre analogy you concocted. Where there's smoke, there's fire.

LMAO. Why would they"fail to disclose" their software if there wasn't a nefarious reason for installing it in the first place?
Maybe because they wanted to avoid some associated cost? Which is nefarious, but not an emissions scandal. Or because they didn't think the rule applied in those cases? Or because they couldn't be bothered and figured no one really cared? (which may have been true before the VW scandal). Or because of many reasons that I can't imagine. All the same reasons someone might walk out of a store without showing the receipt for their purchases. That's why they do investigations before coming to conclusions. At this stage all it seems to be is an admin error.

There's fire, it's just not necessarily an emissions cheat fire.

Now you tell me, why would they develop a workaround for the emissions test procedure, apply it retroactively via update, then try to hide it from the emissions testing agency if it was designed to work around their detection anyways?

Last edited:
Maybe because they wanted to avoid some associated cost? Which is nefarious, but not an emissions scandal. Or because they didn't think the rule applied in those cases? Or because they couldn't be bothered and figured no one really cared? (which may have been true before the VW scandal)

What if Spartacus had a Piper Cub?

episode-12-pictured-kirk-douglas-as-spartacus-bill-murray-during-the-picture-id141391758

diesels are done, only matter of time before diesel vehicles are banned entirely. Not sure why its taking so long.

No matter how hard they try, they can't be made "clean"

It's crazy because you can use diesel to clean stuff, even carbon footprints.

The $1000 cards that VW gave out expire at the end of the month. If anyone still has them, use them or lose them.

I was speaking with Perjad at Precision Tuning yesterday and he said most of his customers are having the fix applied and keeping the cars (unless they are already worn out). Also used A6 and A7 TDI prices have gone nuts (~30,000 a year ago, close to $50,000 now). Paying that much of a premium for a diesel is crazy.

The scary thing is the fix is apparently two stages, you have to get the first stage done now (which reduces torque) and they don't know what the second stage is yet. VW is hoping more of the cars will be worn out/crash before they have to pay for the next round.

I was planning on turning it in in a year, but I am not so sure anymore (6L/100 km last weekend pulling a 1000lb 25'x6'x6' trailer on the 401).

Last edited:
wondering what will happen to people that keep the cars and refuse to take any updates

Quite likely they won't be able to get a plate sticker. Whether that happens immediately after the recall deadline or when the next emission test is required I have no idea.

Back
Top Bottom