Anyone ever raise a Ninja 250? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone ever raise a Ninja 250?

-Maverick-

Tall girlfriend learning. She loves the bike, but it's too short. Saw adjustable dog bones on amazon. Wondering if anyone has done this and if so how did it affect the handling?

Was it previously lowered?

Need pictures of said girlfriend on bike to determine correct solution...

I know a girl who is 5'10" and rides a 250R...unless she is a giant, and her knees are touching her elbows why change it from stock?

Need pictures of said girlfriend on bike to determine correct solution...
5vt5s0.gif

It would change the steering obviously but if you can do front end swap to raise up the front.....

The get the dogbone from burkhartcycle.com . Its alot better than those adjustable.

If your gf is over weight 180lbs +, get 2007 zx6r rear shock .... Its like $60 from ebay. It fits and raise the rear 1-2". Its a better shock anyway but the spring will be stiffer.

Stock rear spring of a ninja 250 is for 120lbs rider.... Seriously

How tall can she possibly be? The stock Ninja 250 is exceptionally comfy for taller riders. Sounds like an unrelated ergonomic issue.

Last edited:
He knees are bent too much at lights? No matter how low or high the suspension sits, the seat and pegs are still in the same position

I'm 5'11, got rearset adjusters and Woodcraft clip-ons and they make a huge difference. You can adjust the rearsets if you want a more sporty bent at the knees position or a straighter comfy one. The clip-ons give you that extra inch or two in the arms so your elbows aren't always sticking out. Compared to a stock 250 which feels like a chair they're great mods.

Also a 140/70/17 tire will raise the rear a noticeable few mm, trust me.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your replies. She's 5'10 and sexy skinny. Turns out Baggsy was correct, I measured the seat height and it's at 28"... supposed to be 30.5". I'll see if the aftermarket dog bones have different ride height holes. If not, I'm sure there's lots of stock ones out there.

Thanks for all your replies. She's 5'10 and sexy skinny. Turns out Baggsy was correct, I measured the seat height and it's at 28"... supposed to be 30.5". I'll see if the aftermarket dog bones have different ride height holes. If not, I'm sure there's lots of stock ones out there.

I rode a 250 before and I am 6'0 feet... With stock height she will be okay..

It terms of raising the rear, I have done this with 2 bikes.. Once with changing the rear shock from another bike model.

And once with the dog bone method

Both cases the bike handles much sharper, takes less input and you can dip in to turns real easy

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

5'10" is tall? I'm pretty sure I'm around that and I'm short. I also ride a bike that 12 year olds race on and I fit on it ok. I like having extra footing grip for reversing.

It would change the steering obviously but if you can do front end swap to raise up the front.....

The get the dogbone from burkhartcycle.com . Its alot better than those adjustable.

If your gf is over weight 180lbs +, get 2007 zx6r rear shock .... Its like $60 from ebay. It fits and raise the rear 1-2". Its a better shock anyway but the spring will be stiffer.

Stock rear spring of a ninja 250 is for 120lbs rider.... Seriously

never heard of a zx6r shock fitting in the 250...it might, but most people who upgrade the suspension use a gsxr shock which is slightly shorter than the stock.

Anyway, OP...I might have a set of stock dogbones kicking around that you can have for free....I'll have to look tonite

Back
Top Bottom