NEED MOBILE MECHANIC ASAP! Some sort of electrical short. DT..$$ | GTAMotorcycle.com

NEED MOBILE MECHANIC ASAP! Some sort of electrical short. DT..$$

NukeyR6

Good Day friends,

My bike won't start. Worked fine Yesterday after boost, only to realize my head/ tail lights weren't on. Replaced all fuses charged battery, installed battery an no dash lights, no turn over. Went to boost again, car was off, dash lights on, an noticed smoke coming from electrical. Need help asap, dont mind paying. I'm located dt, bay & Dundas area. 6477077034

Is it possible that when you tried to boost it you mixed up the cables?

Once you let that smoke out of an electronic part it's really tough to get it back in.

No way I could of made that mistake, was under supervision as well lol.. I'll give it another look, but haven't noticed a loose wire... Thanks guys for the responce.

What bike is it ?

frekeyguy and kneedragger88 are both highly regarded. Or sign up for CAA Plus and have them tow it to any shop you want (you have to wait something like 48 hours after signing up for the first tow).

Starter solenoid stuck on or ignition switch problems could cause a bunch of your symptoms. Investing in help when you are in over your head is a great idea.

Luckily Inner City(mobile mechanic) is available tomorrow afternoon... It's a 99' R6, she's pushing 50k now so these things are going to happen.. again, thanks for the help. Will give a update after work, and get her looked at. Fingers crossed. ^_^

Last edited:
I replaced battery, dash lights come on, but no turn over... had to reschedule mobile mechanic to drop by tomorrow..

Mobile mechanic came by today. Stator works fine, solenoid good, but seems to be some sort of bad component... Mechanic said it would be best to get it delivered to shop. Needs fairings an tank off to check the entire circuit. Inner city, hope they are reliable and find the problem asap. Will update when I get some news..

Mobile mechanic came by today. Stator works fine, solenoid good, but seems to be some sort of bad component... Mechanic said it would be best to get it delivered to shop. Needs fairings an tank off to check the entire circuit. Inner city, hope they are reliable and find the problem asap. Will update when I get some news..

who is this mobile mechanic ?

Fried ECU is the issue. Found a used one for $150.. seems a bit pricey, but I don't even care at this point.

Well the mechanic apparently narrowed it down to the ecu. I'm trusting his expertise. He has had my my bike for a week now and seems to be very experienced. Still stressing it could be something else, but that's why I pay for expert diagnose.... : /

New ecu started bike no problem but no headlights or running lights in the tail. Brake light functions fine. Bike still in shop....bs.

Back
Top Bottom