Bike broke down | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike broke down

ALD

I currently ride a 2003 V Star 1100 that I bought last year, I was riding it the other day and all of a sudden it became very hard to shift gears to the point that I had to force the bike into gear.
And whenever I came to a stop while in gear the engine would slow down then stall, but at the same time the bike wanted to pull forward with the clutch pulled in.
I checked the clutch cable and it is intact and connected to it's linkages and the free play on the handle is good as well, I managed to get the bike into neutral so I could get myself off the road then had it towed home, when I finally got home I put the bike into gear without it running and released the clutch and I was able to move it with not much effort.

The next day I attempted to take it on a short ride and the clutch and gears worked fine but the bike can still be moved without the engine running while it is in gear without the clutch pulled in.

I have to go to work tonight which is 50km one way from home but I am not sure if it would be a good idea to take the bike.

Has anything like this ever happened to anyone as input will be very helpfull

Thank you:(

Do you have oil in the bike ?

Back
Top Bottom