What is timing retard eliminator or TRE? Does track bike need it? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What is timing retard eliminator or TRE? Does track bike need it?

Concac

As the title says, looking at some used parts and the guy told me this is the best mod you can do for your bike....

Some bikes - notably Suzuki - have the engine de-tuned slightly when the transmission is in the lower gears, in order to tame the power output somewhat. These gizmos trick the engine controls into thinking the transmission is in a higher gear so that the engine produces full power.

It isn't an across-the-board-on-every-bike good thing to do.

Had one on my suzuki bandit anf it was a noticeable diffrence, had one on my cbr as well and didn't do sh÷^.
So like Brian said some bikes will benefit more then others, I had it more for the gear indicator feature.

Modern bikes have this built in, in the form of different modes. What bike do you have? Regardless, you don't need it, just use your right wrist lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Had the TRE on a 2003 GSXR750, and 600 didn't notice any difference. Have it currently on both of my 2003 GSXR1000s and it's a noticeable difference especially in the mid-range, the power delivery is smoother which makes first gear useable now compared to 1st being very twitchy without the TRE. There is also less engine braking with the TRE which is great for the track.

Back
Top Bottom