Fuel consumption Yamaha FZ6R | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fuel consumption Yamaha FZ6R

martin900cc

Gas consumption,well,Yamaha factory says estimated gas consumption is 18 km per litre,if I'm not wrong..how much should I expect in a real world???16 Km Per litre or at worse how much I'll be looking??

It doesn't matter who you are,where you come from or which God you believe in...if you are motorcyclists, You are my Brother.

I think that all depends on your right wrist.
Maybe "Beastiegirl" will chime in, as she just finished a 10 000km tour on her fz6r.

18 km/L (Why do they use those non-standard units!!) is 5.5 L/100 km, which is quite realistic for a bike of that displacement.

18 km/L (Why do they use those non-standard units!!) is 5.5 L/100 km, which is quite realistic for a bike of that displacement.

My old FZ6 that has almost the same motor but made more power did a consistent 5L/100km. Don't see why the FZ6R would be any worse

I know it is apples to oranges, but my CBR650F does about 4.4L/100km average, Gets about 5L/100km if I am riding more spirited most of the time.

Mine is not giving those stat,5.5L/100 period.Just bought a new Spark plug hopefully that'll help somewhat..

It doesn't matter who you are,where you come from or which God you believe in...if you are motorcyclists, You are my Brother.

Go to fuelly. Com & find your bike model.

Mine has a consumption of 7.3/100km. Total fuel hog

Go to fuelly. Com & find your bike model.

Mine has a consumption of 7.3/100km. Total fuel hog

Wow what do you ride? If I do just straight highway and keep the revs down, my V6 Accord Coupe can do around 8.5L/100km LOL (although real world, it does between 10-12L/100km due to traffic and the city bits).

Wow what do you ride? If I do just straight highway and keep the revs down, my V6 Accord Coupe can do around 8.5L/100km LOL (although real world, it does between 10-12L/100km due to traffic and the city bits).
Gsxr 750. Trust me the first time I keep refuelling I thought something was wrong with the bike. Then after I tuned everything it was still the same. Upon further research that's what most people was getting

2fb8f1799d769dc8fd3e48e5e13e705f.jpg

So here is the Exciting spark plug,How bad it is guys,scale 1 to 10??

Last edited:
Those look normal. You haven't stated what consumption you are actually getting - and what your riding patterns are like.

City traffic all the time = Bad. Racetrack riding with lots of wide open throttle = Bad. Riding around at constant lower speeds but unnecessarily in 2nd gear with the engine screaming for mercy for an upshift = Bad.

I'm getting somewhere around 14KM per litre,

Quick upshift quick downshift,lane spitted,always the first at light,that's my riding style

7 L/100 km with a lot of high revs and fast acceleration isn't out of line.

Back
Top Bottom