Bike broke down today | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike broke down today

ALD

Today I was riding my 2003 V Star 1100 and all of a sudden when I tried shifting gears it felt very hard to the point that I had to force the bike into gear.
Also whenever I came to a stop the bike wanted to pull forward while I had the clutch pulled in and the engine would slow down and stall.
I managed to get the bike into neutral and it would start but as soon as I went into gear it would slow down and stall out.
I had the bike towed home and when I tried the gears again without the engine running it shifts from 1st to 2nd but when I go higher it still shifts but I can move the bike more than 5ft without the clutch pulled in.

Has anyone ever had this issue with a V Star 1100 as input will be quite helpful.

^ Yup, sounds like a classic problem with disengaging the clutch. Look for frayed ends, the cable sheath hasn't popped out at either the clutch lever or the clutch housing, and that the cable adjuster hasn't suddenly and mysteriously completely backed off at either end

^ Yup, sounds like a classic problem with disengaging the clutch. Look for frayed ends, the cable sheath hasn't popped out at either the clutch lever or the clutch housing, and that the cable adjuster hasn't suddenly and mysteriously completely backed off at either end

Tried the clutch and it still has tension when pulled in but when it is not pulled in and the engine is not running while in 3rd or higher I can move the bike more than 5ft

Back
Top Bottom