How much does your track bike weight? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How much does your track bike weight?

Quitting already eh? Just kidding.

I hope you're not using your fuel light as an accurate gauge. On some bikes that's as much as 5L, about 11lb. It's quite possible you were coasting on fumes at Mosport. I always try to get a good idea of the bike's minimum fuel load before it impacts fueling under braking. Some bikes are worse than others based on the shape of the tank and angle of the fuel pump.

Not quitting just won't be in contention for a #1 plate or a win for awhile. I'll be limited to the Nationals I can run next year unless I uncover buried treasure in my back yard. I plan to do enough regionals to atleast make up for it and the guys there are fast enough that I have work to do to catch them so I'll be able to pick up speed.....I hope :)

I do need to work on my fuel levels, I just add until I can see it and ride so I've definitely got extra in there. It's somthing I keep saying I'm going to do but never actually do it. I've weighed in at 390 this year too lol.

I do need to work on my fuel levels, I just add until I can see it and ride so I've definitely got extra in there. It's somthing I keep saying I'm going to do but never actually do it. I've weighed in at 390 this year too lol.

Same here. Keep meaning to track fuel consumption to determine the ideal load for a race but never got around to it. That's free weight too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. Keep meaning to track fuel consumption to determine the ideal load for a race but never got around to it. That's free weight too!

Zaid worked it out for me at mosport. I siphoned out as much as I could and added what he told me to so I probably had extra still because my anti slosh foam crap makes it tough. That could be why I weighed in at a proper number.

I remember TJ telling me about measuring fuel and all that. Then he ran out of has leading the race. I just put in extra lol
hahaha.
I put in 5L last round before my HW race and the fuel light came on last lap. back to 6L it is

hahaha.
I put in 5L last round before my HW race and the fuel light came on last lap. back to 6L it is

Fuel light usually comes on with approx 4L of fuel remaining. At GB in your bike that should be good for 10ish laps, almost an entire extra race.

Zaid worked it out for me at mosport. I siphoned out as much as I could and added what he told me to so I probably had extra still because my anti slosh foam crap makes it tough. That could be why I weighed in at a proper number.

I'll show you how to do it right this weekend. It's the least I could do for eating your entire watermelon last regional.

I'll show you how to do it right this weekend. It's the least I could do for eating your entire watermelon last regional.

Unfortunatly I won't be there and consider the melon as payment for using your pit board lol.

2013 GSX-R 600 351lbs after national race on CSBK scales
2013 BMW S1000RR 385lbs after national race on CSBK scales

Last edited:
05 SV650 - 365 lbs. - sold
07 GSX-R 600 - 360 lbs. - sold
04 GSX-R 600 - 358 lbs.

Last edited:
My GSX-R 1000 is about 365lbs with a fuel load. I need to put it on the scales again. It's actually about the same weight as my GSX-R 600 since it has carbon wheels (but DI rotors).

My GSX-R 1000 is about 365lbs with a fuel load. I need to put it on the scales again. It's actually about the same weight as my GSX-R 600 since it has carbon wheels (but DI rotors).

holy ****,
Thats light. I see lots of track bikes here are gixxers, is it because they're lightest? easy to work on and none of electronic addons?

Funny how most gixxers on street are squids.

Gixxers are cheap and parts are plentiful that is why they make great track bikes

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom