How much does your track bike weight? | GTAMotorcycle.com

How much does your track bike weight?

Concac

Please share....
Year model......... Weight.

If you can tell us what you did for some extra lean weight as well pls.

How are we weighing them? I mean mine got weighed a lot this year so I know but it's kinda hard to compare when people are using different methods.

How much money do you want to spend to get the bike lighter and what do you have on your bike that doesn't need to be there?

How are we weighing them? I mean mine got weighed a lot this year so I know but it's kinda hard to compare when people are using different methods.

How much money do you want to spend to get the bike lighter and what do you have on your bike that doesn't need to be there?
I find recycling center is an excellent place to weight your vehicle.

With motorcycle just ask them nicely, some times they let you use for free sometime you just pay $20.

I find recycling center is an excellent place to weight your vehicle.

With motorcycle just ask them nicely, some times they let you use for free sometime you just pay $20.

Not sure how accurate that is. We're trying to get accurate to the lb more so than +\- 10lbs (if they're even that accurate). What did your bike weigh when you tried it and what type of bike is it?

08 gsxr 600 - 385lb with 2L of gas - ex race bike
09 cbr 600rr - 348lb with 2L of gas - ex race bike
08 cbr 1000rr - 365lb with 2L of gas - ex race bike
2011 ZX10r - 369lb empty - current race bike

1998 R1 csbk scales. 358lbs, 4l of fuel.
full of titanium, custom aluminum axles, maybe 3-4 bolts on the bike are steel. and a whole lot of other light stuff.

1989 FZR400. 342 lbs without fuel (bathroom-scale accuracy). Lightweight wheels, chopped-down subframe.

CBR250 2012 race trim CSBK rule build. CSBK scales. After race fuel load - 315 lbs

Pedro I'm going to drop my bike off so you can fix it. My 2011 zx10 is 382-384 with the fuel light on at the national scales.

Pedro I'm going to drop my bike off so you can fix it. My 2011 zx10 is 382-384 with the fuel light on at the national scales.

I might be losing it, but i swear yours weighed 370 at Mosport.

I might be losing it, but i swear yours weighed 370 at Mosport.

That's the lightest it's ever been then. I can see a lb or two but 10lbs is crazy. I could take off the front sprocket cover and the rear tire hugger but aside from that I'm not seeing anything else that can be removed/swapped legally.

That's the lightest it's ever been then. I can see a lb or two but 10lbs is crazy. I could take off the front sprocket cover and the rear tire hugger but aside from that I'm not seeing anything else that can be removed/swapped legally.

Ti hardware adds up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the (not so great) club. ;)

I want to get some Ti caliper and fork pinch bolts for my ZX6R. I'm having a hard time paying what Pro-Bolt wants for them. Are there other good options?

Lol well I guess now that I'm not chasing a CSBK championship it doesn't matter and anything goes at regionals, it's pretty much thunderdome.

Quitting already eh? Just kidding.

I hope you're not using your fuel light as an accurate gauge. On some bikes that's as much as 5L, about 11lb. It's quite possible you were coasting on fumes at Mosport. I always try to get a good idea of the bike's minimum fuel load before it impacts fueling under braking. Some bikes are worse than others based on the shape of the tank and angle of the fuel pump.

Wow, reading the above I must have the heaviest track bike out there, 1991 ZX7 with Squidskins bodywork weighs in the 440lbs region with a bit of fuel in the tank - official dry weight is 424lbs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom