Buying another bike license plate question | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buying another bike license plate question

Mozz

Hi

I'm pretty new to Canada so licensing is a bit of a grey area to me.

I'm looking at buying another bike (from a dealer) in the next two weeks, licensing and insuring it, so I can ride it for a month or so. In the time being I intend to take my old bike off the road and sell it in the spring without riding it again.

Is it as simple as transferring my plate and sticker to the new bike and cancelling (or obtain theft only)insurance on the old bike(which I own in full) or am I required to keep my plate and insurance on the old until sold?

Hi

I'm pretty new to Canada so licensing is a bit of a grey area to me.

I'm looking at buying another bike (from a dealer) in the next two weeks, licensing and insuring it, so I can ride it for a month or so. In the time being I intend to take my old bike off the road and sell it in the spring without riding it again.

Is it as simple as transferring my plate and sticker to the new bike and cancelling (or obtain theft only)insurance on the old bike(which I own in full) or am I required to keep my plate and insurance on the old until sold?

As long as you're not riding it you don't need insurance or a plate on your old bike. You can transfer your new plate to your old bike.

If your old plate is in less than pristine condition, you can also return the old plate and sticker and get a refund on unused months on your sticker. You will still need to buy a new plate, but the refund from the old sticker can go towards the pro-rated price of a new sticker.

Back
Top Bottom