Seal mate... Does it work? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Seal mate... Does it work?

I used plastic business cards or sturdy nylon sheets and sometimes it worked. Depends why they leak.

You blow a seal, Mate?

I've used it on numerous dirt bikes with good results, sometimes it's just crud in the seal letting it leak. It can be used on inverted or non-inverted forks.
I also used it on the wife's 250 ninja, stopped the leak. However I pulled the fork legs and cleaned/changed the fork oil anyway. Just because I had no idea how long it was leaking or how low the oil level was and she couldn't tell me.

Anyone here used it?

Can i use it on standard forks?

doesnt hurt to try.
i tried it on my 250 and it still leaked so i took everything apart to find there's a nick on the folk tube
end up replacing the fork and seal.

I see that this thread is long dead, but figured I would try before starting another.
Fork seal (L) is leaking significantly on my shadow (600 80km) Ordered new seal and have ridden twice while leaking. Apart from getting on the rotor or tire, am I okay to ride to the shop? Should I try sealmate and if so from where? Parts will be in this week I hope...

Thanks!

I don't have success with the seal mate, but I did with the seal doctor (http://www.riskracing.com/pages/Seal_Doctor_Page.html).

I got the seal mate from GP bikes upstairs on the desk in the back. I ordered the seal doctor from that website, but last time I was at Langs Offroad I saw he had a couple of them on the wall.

Oh, and I'd say you're perfectly find to ride the bike. Mine leaked so much there wasn't much left in them when I filled them back up. But that was on a klx250.

Back
Top Bottom