Aftermarket Windscreen for Naked Bikes? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Aftermarket Windscreen for Naked Bikes?

mimico_polak

Site Supporter
Any recommendations for aftermarket screens for naked bikes? I love the new CB500F and it's great in all aspects, especially cruising on the highway but it's just such a pain going above 100kph that it gets extremely tiring with the continual wind blast. I love going on longer rides so would hope that I can get something that's easy on/off (not required but ideal) so can just put in on for touring days instead of the daily commute to work and back.

I saw a bike like mine with a PUIG screen which looked nice, but haven't been able to find the guy in the last few weeks to ask about it :( If you're on this forum I saw your red CB500F at Lakeshore / Islington area so would like to know how that screen is for you.

Thanks!

Don't know if Madstad makes a solution but it's brilliant on the Vstrom.

Yes they do

Because it adjusts both in tilt and height it's brilliant.

http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/sc.7/category.13456/.f

DSCF0795-CC_zps073bccd4.jpg

more
http://www.cbr500riders.com/forum/honda-cb500x/20897-cb500x-madstad-windscreen-system.html

Last edited:
Mimics is on a cb500f (naked) not the cb500x.

Maybe click on the link before looking foolish...

MadStad adjustable windshield system for the Honda CB500F
Fully adjustable height and tilt for smooth airflow and fantastic comfort!
This is the MadStad adjustable windshield system for the Honda CB500F. (Click on the photos for a closer look.) There is nothing else on the market that gives you total control over the shield position and airflow like our patented design. Take your naked bike to a whole new level of touring comfort!

Foolish? What are you on about? I saw a link to a 500x with a pic of a 500x. I guess if I thought you were talking 500x I'm a fool. Lol

I use the Slipstreamer. Quite effective and it's very unobtrusive. Great for people who can't stand fairings.

You get used to it believe me :) nothing like a bug in the face at 140

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

Just a general suggestion for windshields, if you wish to extend your riding season into cooler weather get a windshield that protects your hands from the wind. Add heated grips and your hands will feel warmer in Autumn and early spring. I, too, have a Slipstreamer that has hand protection and it really helps keep your hands warm, but is hot in the summer.

Thanks guys. I've seen the Madstad before but seems very pricey (mind you it's probably worth the $!) but never checked out the slipstream. Will look into it today.

CBC....have taken a bug to the face at that speed....never fun! LoL I love riding with my visor up though. Favourite was when I got hit by a bee at 120kph...SOB stung me right b/w the eyes...

EDIT: No specific slipstream for my bike, but will keep looking maybe a general one would work.

Last edited:
Try Puig Screens http://www.puigusa.com/ I am thinking on getting one for my Kawasaki Zephyr I ride in Germany :)

Givi Airflow is adjustable, dont know if one is available yet for 500. They work fantastic and upper section can be removed for lowere shield if wanted. Pricey but get it done.

You get used to it believe me :) nothing like a bug in the face at 140

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"
naked is the way to go.
Only thing it maybe a pain on a long trip south..

I have seen various screens for some bikes (Europe) which are easily removable. Not sure how well they work or pricing.

naked is the way to go.
Only thing it maybe a pain on a long trip south..

I have seen various screens for some bikes (Europe) which are easily removable. Not sure how well they work or pricing.

Agreed...but still nice to have less wind!

Mine isn't naked, but when I was looking for an aftermarket I went with a MRA and couldn't be happier. Pricey, but good quality (made in Germany) and apparently they test them so there is no chance of magnification causing dash melt with their products. I also kind of like their two toned approach of having the bottom black, and the top tinted, if you go that route. I got mine from TwistedThrottle.ca

Quick search pulled this up on the 500 forums:
http://www.cbr500riders.com/forum/honda-cb500f/3034-mra-windscreen-f.html

130906090054.JPG

Last edited:
I use the Powerbronze screens for my bike. There are a variety of colors and fits of the windshield available online at cheap rates.

I have had excellent results for many years using Parabellum windshields.
They cut plastic specifically for the motorcycle it is intended for.

Just signed up to this forum, so hello everyone,

My 84 CB450sc came with a big uss Slipstreamer that's bott ugly. Bought a National Cycle F16 screen but it needs some mod to fit. It looks so cool that I am willing to have it custom mounted. Any one know a shop near Oakville?

Back
Top Bottom