Chain and sprocket suggestions 2010 Wee | GTAMotorcycle.com

Chain and sprocket suggestions 2010 Wee

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Mechanic says I'm getting due.

Suggestions on long wearing and low maintenance thanks. ( yes I do lube it with Motul Paste )

Not that concerned about $

I like the JT steel sprockets, 80k on last one and still looked new, also used the DID gold chain and when I traded in the bike the chain had about 40k on it and was still good.

I got a decent deal from the sprocket centre shipped to the border. DID chain and steel sprocket for a decent price even after $US conversion. That was for the 1050 tiger but they have packages for most bikes.

Pretty quick shipping and customer service is great too. I had a problem with a front sprocket and they refunded me the cost of it pretty quickly. Mine was an isolated problem though. If you want some bling on your bike look at Supersprox....pricey but some people are into that.

That would require washing...:D

Annoyed - rode home from the dealer doing some work - went to the forks and home...new risers felt great.

Flat tire in the garage this morning - reinflated it but goes down in an hour.

Have to dig out the plug kit

I don't have suggestions of where to buy other than Canadasmotorcycle or Royal is having a tax free event this weekend.

What I thought to suggest though... is have you considered trying a 16t front sprocket?

On Stromtrooper many rave about the 16t front gearing making the ODO correct and decreasing the RPMs at highway speeds. (Of course, many dislike the 16t too).

I went to 16t on mine, and love it. Won't be going back to 15. It still has plenty of low end torque with the 16t so I don't feel I am losing anything. What I am gaining is even more relaxed slabbing and cruising speeds as it revs lower.

Thanks

went to 16t on mine, and love it. Won't be going back to 15. It still has plenty of low end torque with the 16t so I don't feel I am losing anything. What I am gaining is even more relaxed slabbing and cruising speeds as it revs lower.

Considered that ...maybe get one of each as they are cheap enough ...do I need different chain length for 15 to 16?
Thanks

Ah yeah Blair - have account there - someone who is even more responsive to emails than me :D
Thanks

I didn't need a different chain length for mine. I think you'd be fine only changing the front by one. If you changed the rear you might need a longer chain.

I go back and forth between 16 and 15 each time I swap the chains. I like both for different things so its always a nice thing to switch it up. Don't need a longer chain for 14-16 tooth and from what I recall reading before, no need for a longer chain if going to a 17 either.

The VX chains from DID are awesome, got 60k on my last one.

Thanks - got a set from Blair on the way. His comments when I said why is his better than what Sprocket centre offered ( $20 less and free shipping )

Hi, you are getting a Higher Quality Chain and you are Getting High Quality Made in the USA Steel Sprockets. I know Chad at the Sprocket Center very well and his kit ships you made in Thailand JT Sprockets. The $20 Gets you very High Quality Parts that will serve you well over time,
http://www.svracingparts.com

and you simply cannot beat his service.

Thanks to all for the insight.

Maybe it's another trip to Adrians for new keds and chain/sprocket.

He said I still had some wear time left on the sprockets so maybe ride out the season if the patch on the tire works out okay. I'll be doing more cool weather riding on the NT anyways if I don't sell it tho it was a treat with the new risers on yesterday ...my back and neck felt really good.

Back
Top Bottom