Advice re Ohio Valley and Meadows of Dan routes? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Advice re Ohio Valley and Meadows of Dan routes?

BeastieGirl

I'm heading off on a week long trip starting this weekend. Having already done my big budget tour, this is going to be a relaxed pace, budget oriented R&R trip.

The first three nights are booked at Burr Oak State Park, which is in the Athens, OH area. I haven't been in this SP before, but for $35 a night (even at $US) I am getting a camping cabin with heat, microwave, mini fridge and coffee maker! I do know a few roads in this area and from what I've researched I don't think I will have a problem filling up 2 days with interesting loops - but any suggestions would be the shorter . Probably want to keep the loops down to 500-600 kms with the shorter daylight hours

Wednesday and Thursday night I am staying at Willville bike camp in Meadows of Dan just off the Blue Ridge. The route down from Ohio will include Route 16 from Tazewell to Marion, and I will just hook up with 58 after that and run it right to the campground. I have stayed there before but am looking for interesting side trips off the BR.

Finally - any suggestions for potential routes back from Meadows of Dan that don't include the BR or Skyline Drive and I have 3 days so I do have lots of time to explore.

Roscoe Village at Coshocton an hour + north, historic village, a few decent eating spots,biker friendly etc.

Some covered bridge stuff north of Marietta, OK but not IMO spectacular. Most are closed, look or walk only.

Back
Top Bottom