feel like the bike was falling while cornering | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

feel like the bike was falling while cornering

Orrrr it could just be in your head. Lots of people are better at turning right than left (me included).

Your rear tire is not on straight. I never trust the marks. I have a laser tool that I use for alignment if your not too far from Scarborough I could check it out for you this weekend.

The "string method" - look it up. Align the rear wheel so that the front wheel is centered between lines projected from the edges of the rear tire behind and ahead of the axle as high up from the ground as you can. Even doing this method visually can get it really close.

Thank you.
What is a good way to centered the front while the rear on the stand?

Your rear tire is not on straight. I never trust the marks. I have a laser tool that I use for alignment if your not too far from Scarborough I could check it out for you this weekend.

i live in Hamilton :( but Thank you though.
ill try the "string method" suggested by Brian P.

Orrrr it could just be in your head. Lots of people are better at turning right than left (me included).

my left lean is a lot smoother than my right. unused tire on the right is more than the left ;D
how/what can i do to overcome this?

my left lean is a lot smoother than my right. unused tire on the right is more than the left ;D
how/what can i do to overcome this?

My left nut hangs lower then my right. What a coincidence

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

If you put more weight on the outside footpeg while cornering the bike will feel more planted.

I ain't no expert (not being sarcastic eithe) but I reckon proper turning involves. Pressure on the inside peg and pressure on the out of the tank with the outside leg and try to hold the bars as loose as possible

You don't need to put any pressure/weight on a footpeg

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Care to share other methods? I just go by the marks on my bike but I don't really trust them.

I've seen a few different types. The string method is one but I've seen a laser one that is stupid easy to use so I think I might get one of those eventually. I'm not sure how much I trust the swingarm marks that I'm using right now. There's a compromise too, you can get a cheap motion pro device that lines up with your chain from the rotor (hence aligning your wheel).

I ain't no expert (not being sarcastic eithe) but I reckon proper turning involves. Pressure on the inside peg and pressure on the out of the tank with the outside leg and try to hold the bars as loose as possible

Open your mind and give it a try.

My left nut hangs lower then my right. What a coincidence

Don't forget to tell your tailor, if you have one. Makes a world of difference with custom pants.

Maybe it's the wheel bearings? Just fixed up that problem myself. Even one dodgy bearing can affect handling.

A lot of guessing here. You need more knowledge to determine a root cause and to isolate the variables. To help diagnose, consider having a more experienced/track rider go for a spin on it, they usually have a pretty good idea of how things should feel.

Both things work because foot pressure doesn't affect the bike's handling or steering. Outside pressure before leaning in is called pivot steering. Haven't found a use for it on the street and haven't practiced it enough on the track but some riders use it

I used string method to align the wheel and double checked with swingarm pivot point both sides are the same

And here is what I got from the marking

Left
8479f87c6505fadcaa03b6c88969c93d.jpg

Right
2731b3cd28e23c77179ac43c2fabddea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks like it will have turned the rear wheel a little to the left from where it was. That could be the solution. A rear wheel angled slightly to the right would make the bike feel like it's falling over in left turns.

Back
Top Bottom