feel like the bike was falling while cornering | GTAMotorcycle.com

feel like the bike was falling while cornering

rakkaus

lately when i'm cornering left the bike feels like falling a bit but right corner seem fine.
i pushed the outside bar to stand up a bit when it happened.
am i near crashing?

How's your rear tire look? If it's flat in the middle, when you lean you come to the edge of the flat spot and it feels like it's falling as it goes over the flat edge. Had that happen on my bandit 1200, new rear tire, no more "tippy" feeling.

6e42f5143e01d31c382e89686bbf37fa.jpg

I don't think it looks too bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good to me.
It's all in your head.
But just go over the bike make sure everythjng is where is should be and tight.
Tire pressures good I'm assuming?
What's front tire look like?

Have you adjusted the chain lately? How's the rear wheel alignment?
Have you dropped the bike recently?? Front forks might be off.

Rear wheel or chain adjustment? The bike will also feel like this when the rear is out of alignment with the front.

Have you adjusted the chain lately? How's the rear wheel alignment?
Changed front sprocket from 14T to 13T and I did adjust the chain with 1 1/4 slack, and everything torqued to spec
4805be0457500de472f40214093e6d7c.jpg

Left

0221d4079c64e1d3c2afd1a65ca57626.jpg

Right
Looks good to me.
It's all in your head.
But just go over the bike make sure everythjng is where is should be and tight.
Tire pressures good I'm assuming?
What's front tire look like?

29 psi for front and back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you recently changed the tires? Also had a similar feeling on my old DRZ when I had too much preload in the front preventing the fork from compressing enough during cornering. Messed the geometry all up and caused a similar feeling.

recommended pressure display on the swingarm
Really, wow?
Guess I'm just used to the 36/42 pressures lol.
29 seams really low to me, what bike is it?

Have you dropped the bike recently?? Front forks might be off.

Rear wheel or chain adjustment? The bike will also feel like this when the rear is out of alignment with the front.

i didnt not drop the bike but i did change the spring rating and gold valve.

i didnt not drop the bike but i did change the spring rating and gold valve.

Ooooohhh. So you've been in the forks changing things.

What's the rider-aboard sag up front? What's the rear rider-aboard sag?

If you have the front riding too low and/or the rear riding too high, either by ride height or by spring preload, it will make the steering nervous and twitchy and could make it want to fall into corners.

31 mm front and back

Ooooohhh. So you've been in the forks changing things.

What's the rider-aboard sag up front? What's the rear rider-aboard sag?

If you have the front riding too low and/or the rear riding too high, either by ride height or by spring preload, it will make the steering nervous and twitchy and could make it want to fall into corners.

Did you align your wheels using those marks or another system. The marks are out a little by my eyes.

Did you align your wheels using those marks or another system. The marks are out a little by my eyes.

Care to share other methods? I just go by the marks on my bike but I don't really trust them.

The "string method" - look it up. Align the rear wheel so that the front wheel is centered between lines projected from the edges of the rear tire behind and ahead of the axle as high up from the ground as you can. Even doing this method visually can get it really close.

Back
Top Bottom