Would you? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Would you?

Yes. Many. What is so funny? If I am going to help a complete stranger. Monitory or beer values should be exchanged. No?

Yes. Many. What is so funny? If I am going to help a complete stranger. Monitory or beer values should be exchanged. No?

Agreed.

Yeah, I guess. I've gone with my truck to help a few different people look at/purchase and bring home a bike. Most of them I didn't know prior, never asked for anything more than gas/coffee. My wife says I'm to nice for my own good, she's likely right.
However I've made some great friends, and I love to share in their excitement over a new bike. The smile on their face has always been worth it to me. Ymmv

I like saving people money, headaches and pointing out huge pieces of crap that an unsuspecting person may actually buy if I were not there to save them.

Wow, you're such a great guy, helping people to make money. Congrats bud! :lmao:

Wow. Help a dude you don't know for a 12 pack is a crime?

Yes, i am new to motorcycles so I'm definitely not going to claim being a guru at it. I ended up purchasing a 2004 zx6r with 20 000 kms on it for 3700 after doing some research on the 07's. It came with sliders, extra tails, visor, back seat, levers, stands and an extra jacket. After riding it this weekend, i love it even more than the cbr. I do need to get new tires though and I would like to redo all the fluids and do the brakes just for piece of mind. The seller even though found from kijjiji was a super cool guy who i would probably be friends with outside of kijjiji. He suggested we test ride out, we didn't even ask and after i bought it, he even rode it over to my house for me. I'm in love with this bike! Ive been smiling all week like a school girl

OP so if you decided to sell your current bike would youpermit some random stranger that answered an ad to come and take off on it for a "test ride"??? If so what are you goig to do if they crash it half way down your block and cause $3000 in damage? Or if they simply just don't come back from the "test ride"..lol.

Only way you would get to test ride my $5000 bike is if you show up and hand me the $5000 CASH before you get on the bike. IF you bring it back unscathed and don't want to buy it, then I hand you back your $5000. Otherwise you just lost $5000, (if you don't come back). If you crash it I hold the $5000 until I have estimates for repairs, then I once bike is fixed I hand you back a copy of the work order and whatever balance is left over. If I "lost the sale" because of these terms good on me, at leats I still a bike to sell.

I understand this, but they were ready to let me test ride it.. But when they saw it was a girl who was going to hop on, they changed the tune. Which I find a little insulting.
Edited to say: if someone were to post a sale, they should be clear from the get go by saying ' no test pilots/riders' i can understand that and I would move on to the next one.

Last edited:
Yeah, I guess. I've gone with my truck to help a few different people look at/purchase and bring home a bike. Most of them I didn't know prior, never asked for anything more than gas/coffee. My wife says I'm to nice for my own good, she's likely right.
However I've made some great friends, and I love to share in their excitement over a new bike. The smile on their face has always been worth it to me. Ymmv

You seem like a really nice person, that's very hard to find nowadays. Your wife is lucky :) thanks for the offer. We managed to get it on our own. But if you do need anything, feel free to message me. I like good people.

I understand this, but they were ready to let me test ride it.. But when they saw it was a girl who was going to hop on, they changed the tune. Which I find a little insulting.
Edited to say: if someone were to post a sale, they should be clear from the get go by saying ' no test pilots/riders' i can understand that and I would move on to the next one.
Fyi-- if you start the thread by saying that you are a female, you will get more replies ? lol
Glad it worked out for you.
*assuming that I read this right and you are, in fact, a female.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

You seriously get people to pay you for advice on a bike purchase? Lol Awesome!
I actually don't see anything wrong with this. Kind of like a home inspector.
But I personally would just ask you to come along and I would cover gas, coffee and ice cream ?.
Your wife is right; you are too nice.

Fyi-- if you start the thread by saying that you are a female, you will get more replies ? lol
Glad it worked out for you.
*assuming that I read this right and you are, in fact, a female.

No, i am definitely male. My fiance is female. We both ride together.

No, i am definitely male. My fiance is female. We both ride together.
My bad. Sorry.

Not sure if it's just me but I rather pay in beers instead cash, makes me think that I'm spending less money but then again a bottle always seems to go missing.
beer.gif

Back
Top Bottom